2022-02-27

intimacy - 5



Oh God, give me more love, responding to

your own that's lavished daily down on me.

I see that if my Love-dispenser's you

it's better than the options that I see.


But what if Love ain't a commodity?

Like, what if it's a plant that grows in soil?

A garden to be cultivated? Zshee !

A partnership with God - where I can toil,


but needn't, for somewhat it's like desire,

but part of the whole deal is "eat the fruit" -

not speshly as command, but as a fire

needs fuel, so in a sense that's our need too.


Thought comes to me that you were really pique-

ing human in-ter-est in gardening,

to learn to be a gard'ner - care for, seek

the good of God's good world, to even bring


our own de-sire rightly to the thing,

but under God who does such  gracious stuff,

to covenant, to even learn to sing,

to celebrate. We have more than enough!


Except in this one so important thing -

the giving, passing out, of love around.

I have received much more than what I bring

and owe a debt of love. May such abound!


And this is where I started out before,

well, nearly, for I must join right on in.

But also I need/ want you, even more

to help me where you can, in this, to win!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...