2022-02-10

on a sick bed - hoping to get better



Dear God, I'm scared that "All Good is a lie.

And only selfishness & pain exist.

The smiles are always fake"; some part would try

to sneak into my mind, in foggy mist.


It comes as a nostalgia on me, 

in sick bed, when I can imagine, yet,

I'm not that straight in thinking, now I see.

But also when hypocrisy can get


it's mouldy claws around me or my friends.

It helps me then interpret all the good

as just facade, designed for certain ends

to cover up, and trick folk as some would.


Not much was more concerning to that man

(who spoke of only one source of all Good),

than that "yeast of hypocrisy" that can

apparently work into any food.


And when it showed in humans - puffing up

our-selves to make us look better than we

in fact are doing. Well, this makes me laugh, 

for here I am with this infecting me.


Oh, God, please help me clean out all my yeast.

And toss it clear away, that I may be

true food and drink for others at the least

and tasty to him, too. That fish I'll be.


Please eat me Christ, your sign that you came near.

I'm thinking that that fish was very blessed.

And if you choose to, friends might know you're here,

and in our troubles, you bring good. You're best!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...