2022-02-23

intimacy - 2

 



God, when you enter into me, joy comes.

When you are with me here, yourself, and I

would be responsive (your joy never numbs

but other pleasures/ pains seem naught beside),


then things go up a notch, and colour comes

to black and white worlds. Gotcha, or your i-

con, in me now. Implore you "More than crumbs,

I want to live on you, have you inside


me. You're the meal itself, in ev'ry sense;

sustaining food for life, my cup as well.

And I want to enfold you, hold you, hence

when your iconic Christ is Lord, I dwell


in love, with love, and would learn from this way

of living quite alter-native to "free"

(if by that I mean "on my own"), I say

"I want you over, under, within me."


But "freedom" is the word I want to use!

A bondage to creative love, that brings

more health and sanity. I gladly choose

to lose myself in ev'ry word he sings,


and dance he dances, kindness that he shows,

and yes his suffering that is as well - 

the secret truth, as ev'ry mother knows.

And here you've got my little heart a-swell...


you got me writing poetry at night.

Responses to your proven good, kesed*,

provisions, and much more than just a bite!

I'm learning to live what they call "Bless'ed!"



the Hebrew word kesed (link refers to a blog that explains it, and gives over 30 instances of it's use), sometimes transliterated chesed (where the "ch" is pronounced as in the English word chemist), or hesed, is a major term used in the Hebrew bible to refer to the loyal-love, or loving-kindness, or steadfast love, which as some of the psalms repeatedly remind us, is working in every part of our stories to weave them together with his story, and that undergirds all creation, & itself "endures forever". It is about this that Paul quotes, or sings, or composes the song in the Greek language of the New Testament about the Most Excellent Way, "Love" that he sees as being incarnated in Christ (referred to by Christ himself, then by early Christians, as "the Way". Whose followers or disciples could be described as "followers of the way"), and that seeks to be responded to, and incarnate itself in us. [eg. Genesis 24:12, 32:10, 39:21; Exod 15:13; 20:5-5; 34:6-7 ... Psalms 13:5; 25:6-7; 36:5; 63:3; Psalms 118 &136; Prov 3:3; Isaiah 55:3; 63:7; Jem 9:24; Lamentations 3:21-23; 1 Corinthians 13 (in context)]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...