2022-02-12

feeling scared?!



Oh Lord I'm feeling scared of walking now.

I'm scared of failing in whatever way.

That by that act, I'll lose my wife somehow,

or friends, or health, or job prospects, and pay…


It's pretty nebulous, the whole darn thing...

Well no it's not! It very concrete, clear!

Maybe it's got no "normal business" ring

about it, just "I'm off to see some gear!"


Or "Going for a walk, d'ya wanna come?"

Maybe that's as it is, & then we'll see.

That "come & see" approach, I will not shun.

My walking mentor used it faithfully*.


But now I'm stuck unless you do come through,

and make potentials realise their worth,

to learn what I am ignorant to do:

communicate where wealth has made a dearth.


Where ev'rything is laid on, and no wood, 

or trees, we learn to know behind our screens.

Will I unhide, and walk with you. I could!

I will, today, as you allow the means.


Will you please help me, if I come, to see.

I'm scared that I'll just blindly carry on.

And shrivel to the weakling that I be,

just puffing up a hill to feel more strong.


Yes. Yes my Master I'll go for a walk, 

with you, if you will take me, let me see

with your eyes what is here, I will not baulk,

if i can stay within your company.



* "Turning round, Jesus saw them following and asked, ‘What do you want?’ They said, ‘Rabbi’ (which means ‘Teacher’), ‘where are you staying?’ ‘Come,’ he replied, ‘and you will see.’ So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon. Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, ‘We have found the Messiah’ (that is, the Christ). And he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, ‘You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas’ (which, when translated, is Peter)." John 1:38‭-‬42 NIVUK



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...