2022-02-01

(Alpha, beta, delta,... omicron…) up, up & away!




Well here I am, my wife just got a cough,

a dry cough, that she didn't have before.

She took the RAT test. And, she was let off.

I should say "off, then on", coz now we're  sure.


No work tomorrow, cancel both our gyms.

And maybe I can't help ol' Mat to move

on Wednesday, but we'll find the rule, it seems

to move around a bit itself. The groove


'sa little hard to pin down here today

I guess that leaves some room for common grace.

We all know change is hard to keep away,

& not much easier to stand & face.


My first RAT test was negative and clear.

So I just kissed my Missus - on the mouth.

If it takes much more time before that smear

or line at T develops, way down South


below the C, then we're the longer here,

in "no-man's land". I might not make the grade,

for from the stats it really does appear

that very "most of us" will have to "wade"


through some experience of grief and loss,

for some, it might be loss of their own life.

Though most won't die, like Jesus - on a cross

(I think he chose the worst Empire to fight).


So soon I'll drop (as baby teeth fall out),

to make some room for better yet to come,

if COVID's the particular, no doubt

it'll make it simple on that cert' - for some.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...