2018-03-22

Zombies of Babylon

Sometimes I feel like I'm turning back into a zombie. I feel my arms become unresponsive, my heart grows heavy, my head feels cloudy, and my eyes become weary. It becomes a struggle to do simple tasks. I find myself not wanting to learn a single new thing because I think that, "all I know is all that I need to know, and no one knows it as well as I do." We used to chant that line in Babylon.

Lies...

Some time ago, I went to live in Babylon. It turned me into a zombie. It fed me lies. Every day, more lies until I was spreading it on my toast. I even started to offer it to people.

One day, many years ago, I saw some strange people walking the streets of Babylon dropping pamphlets in our letterboxes. " We are on your side" it read. "Take heart, change sides, become alive." I saw them drop their propaganda. I don't know what stopped me from grabbing them. I can't remember if it was something I saw, or something I heard, maybe it was both.

Someone was out there fighting against Babylon. Fighting for me...

It makes me angry when I think that I gave so much for that city, only to realise that it was only trying to keep me in the dark. I was only a copy of the other guys in my street. You could buy me straight off the shelf.

It makes me sad that I ever tried to convince anyone else to be like me. I tried to make other people believe in Babylon.

Now I'm on the other side. I've got a new city. I'v got a new leader. I'm not trying to convince people to be like me, but to be like him. Back in Babylon, we didn't know what our leader was like. We never saw him, and he liked it that way.

Our new leader is great. He comes and sits with us when we eat. He wakes up with us. He works with us. When we get angry, he doesn't get angry at us too. I've still got so much to learn about him. Babylon tried to kill Him once. It didn't work. They tried to shoot him, and missed. Then they caught him, and hung him. They killed him,well..that's what they thought. Any one of us would be dead, but he came back. They say, some power helped him. I guess I've never thought to ask him for myself.

Sometimes I feel like I'm back in Babylon. I ate so many lies that I think it had some effect on my brain, and my nervous system. It's going to take some time to get well. Whatever made our leader come back to life, is helping me to get well. I'm starting to think clearly, creatively. I feel like I've got something special to give. I have moments that I turn back and think of Babylon and I want to go back. I've even packed my bags a few times. It's all nervous reaction though. I know that I'm safe here in, and looking forward to that NEW JERUSALEM!

I'm alive now..

C.C.U.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...