2018-03-27

Our sttrength

The Lord himself ’s my saviour, strength, and rock.
I'll trust in him with all my heart, not try
to work things out on my own -  what a shock!
I will acknowledge God in all of my

life here, and actions, everything I do;
and he’ll direct me on the path to grow.
'You hear me, Lord, and know my need of you
for no one loves like you do, and you know

what you had in your mind when you designed
this world for us, and made us to be “gods”.
There’s stuff within this world that we can find
that fills much of our needs, that’s not at odds

with what we need from you yourself as well.
You are the God of gods - worth learning from,
you guard my life, you know that I've rebelled.
Have mercy on me, King of your kingdom,

renew my heart to follow in your ways,
so I will seek not only your good gifts,
yet let your joy my sadness then replace,
for I will seek you (who the weak uplifts),

and walk in truth, bring honour to your name,
I run to your heart, hide myself in your ...
your faithfulness. So this is where we came
to find your strength and comfort, for you're more

than all your gifts, of which you are the source,
a hope unshakeable! - who then empowers
to seize what’s been established  with such force
ahead of time - an anchor which is ours!



The Lord is my rock, and my strength, and my saviour. 2 Samuel    22:2 (PM Version)

Trust in The Lord with all your heart, don't try to work out it out on your own. Acknowledge God
in everything you do and He will direct you on the right path. Proverbs 3:5,6 (PM Version)

'You hear me, Lord, and fulfill my every need. You guard my life and have mercy on me. You replace my sadness with joy. If I only seek you, you teach me your ways so that I can walk in your truth;
you give me an undivided heart, so that I may live in a way that brings honour to your name...'
Psalm 86:1‭-‬4‭, ‬11‭ (CR Version)

And now we have run into his heart to hide ourselves in his faithfulness. This is where we find his strength and comfort, for he empowers us to seize what has already been established ahead of time - an unshakeable hope! We have this certain hope like a strong, unbreakable anchor holding our souls to God himself. Hebrews 6: 18b-19a  (The Passion Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...