2018-03-13

Crossing ok?


I think so. God, I love you, and The Way
you've lately spoken to us. It is good!
And YOU don't just command us so we'll fail.
Your Way ain't worse than I am. And it should


be seen as better! Help me to make clear
all that I've seen you do in this ol' world
in words which plain and true, show you are near,
and help them see your flag has been unfurled!


Oh God please help me show your love that’s true,
in practicality, and so folk feel
the wondrous love and truth that come from you,
to honour, understand, and give, for real.

Please save me from my sin, oh Son of Man,
oh Saviour of the world, you conqu’ring Prince
of Peace, God’s greatest leader who hast slain
our greatest enemy, who looked invince-

ible to us, 'cause we would always shy
away from pain, and suffering, and death;
but Christ has come to Earth, and bids me die
with him upon a cross, without a steth-

o-scope, or CPR, or AED*
(not “very close”) to bring me back to here.
He’s teaching me to trust the God who made
me first, to make my new body appear.

And even before then, he’s conquered sin,
& his love gives me power to do so!
So I will trust his love and life to win,
and conquer anti-christ in me below!


*   An Automated External Defibrillator or AED is a portable electronic device for treatment of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...