2018-03-05

The LORD Yahweh, and Lord Yeshua

'How great is God, the Lord! - He’s taken me
despairing, and then given  living hope,
that’s growing and maturing 'coz it’s Jes-
us who himself is helping us to cope,

just like he did in those old stories where
he gave new eyes to blind men so they saw.
He always gave some room for faith to share
in all of his proceedings, not just “law”.

For God’s rep. Jesus, is our living hope,
that grows his faith in me, and shields me too
(that by his resurrection power) I’ll cope
with pain and suffering, the first death’s “zoo”,

with its attendant fearsome beasts that come.
Like “Daniel in the lion’s den”, he shuts
their mouths, and brings a joy and peace to glum
determination. With no further “but ..” ’s,

he brings God’s own “contentment in trouble”.
We'd never know what real contentment was
if we only lived in comfort’s bubble,
but as it is we can know it because

we do face troubles, where we can find him
to be our comforter, and too “Abba!”.
And though we haven't seen him, he's not dim,
we trust, and know, and love our big brother,

Who wasn't like a Cain, for he’s Able,
to hear requests, and act from mercy yet,
his joy gives us strength, makes us capable.
Oh, Lord you are the greatest we have met!



'How great is our God! He has taken me from despair to a living hope through His son Jesus, shielding me in His power having led me to faith. This not only brings me great joy, but an unmistakable sense of peace and contentment. The troubles I face only bring me closer to Him & make me want to praise Him all the more. Though I have yet to see Him, I believe in Him & know Him & love Him - and all else is empty in comparison...'
1 Peter 1:3-9 (CR Version)
The Joy of the Lord is our strength!! Nehemiah 8:10 (PM Version)
Lord thank you that you are full of mercy and you do answer our prayers. Psalm 27:7 (PM Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...