2018-03-25

ajoining properties...


Please God, help us to keep awake to what
you're doing and not be asleep to it,
then join in where we can, and throw our lot
in with your motivations, plans, to wit:


to serve all of your children, do what can
be done to help them grow, and get on well,
which is a fairly hard job, when each man
or woman, boy or girl, is caught in “hell” -


(a rubbish dump, designed to help decay
and speed up rotting, yet still quarantine
it’s smells and sights and functions as a way
of letting folk still chose, to not be seen


to be dependant on the Lord, their God,
the maker of themselves, and their whole earth,
the “undead” folk who shrink, who won't have trod
a path to death, if they could keep their worth.


They’d rather “find themselves”, that’s even if
their selves were dead and cut off from real life,
so whereas Jesus gave us quite a stiff
prognosis, and then treatment with his knife -


that’s if we follow his directions through
& keep him as our doctor, let him lead.
And trust him to give good advice unto
us, even when much in us will not heed).


I trust you to hold who I am, myself,
and unmake all the mess I've made of me,
and save me from my own ol’ living hell.
A new creation, who's both glad, and free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...