2018-03-06

"Marching Orders^"

For this one full month*:



This 4 March, while driving in my car
and list’ning (through some scriptures) to the One,
who is both Love and Truth’s source - there we are,
and these three Answers crystallize and come:

I’ll share unstoppingly, all of my life:
conversing, list’ning right throughout the day,
with my true Source of Wisdom (like my wife
-my helper) who would help me grow, yet stay.

I’ll meditate on, fill my mind with, truth,
and goodness, beauty, loveliness, what’s right,
and following that Model Man uncouth,
respond creatively to LIFE’s insight!

Connecting thus to “gold”, as though through veins,
I want to mine the richest here on Earth,
and knowing words can be a “hose” or “chains”,
I won't use words (or pictures) “done to death” -

(those used within this culture till they smell

just like that form of freedom that is bound,
and can't adapt to people very well)
& with creator’s help, find new ones round!

And simultane-yus-ly I will connect
with people who have not been “churched” at all,
or else feel burned, and then left derelict.
And I’ll do this as much as possible

(that’s A.M.A.P.), trying to express
creator's love quite practic’ly to them -
such actions, attitudes (while in this mess)
shine like that star which shone @ Bethlehem.



^ "This was the order of march for the Israelite divisions as they set out."  Num. 10:28 NIV (I'm not exegeting this, I'm using it as a Dad-Joke, or poetic naming protocol.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...