2022-05-22

Sunday 22May2022 - Rest of

Weird thing. I saw an anglican church building precinct yesterday with a clear unequivocal sign out the front saying: " … 10am every Sunday"

I noted the definiteness of "every Sunday", when many other places say "1st and 3rd Sundays of the month", or "confirm with Minister on this number.."

So I knew where I would go on Sunday and when. Anyway, I got home last night after dinner at the Tavern, and a strange thing happened, I had a definite unsureness about whether it was 9am or 10am. I didn't want to get dressed and go out in the cold to check, which I considered. I thought It will be on the net somewhere, else I could go early at 9, and either come back if it was 10, which I was almost certain it was. I looked at night, and again in the morning. No where could I find "service times" for the Anglicans in Coolamon (luckily). I rang the number Google gave me. No answer, so I left a message, asking did they meet at 9 or 10am.

Finally, there was nothing else for it, I needed to walk there and check. A friend rang & we talked on the phone as I was walking there & I arrived (while talking to him), and saw the sign clearly marked 10am (as I recalled it), and was about to turn around when I noticed the open front door, and heard singing/ music coming from inside (maybe some musicians were practicing early or they had Sunday school or a prayer time before their meeting?), then I noticed 5 or 6 cars where there were none yesterday. I excused myself from the call with the friend, and thought I'd poke my nose in and see. As if on cue  an old lady (Narelle Smith) was getting out of a car, negotiating both a walker, and a walking stick & being helped by her daughter (Joanne), and I helped her get inside. "Church" was indeed starting early today and the next 2 weeks. The sign was wrong.


Took some notes on my phone of some of what the man (who introduced himself later as) Scott said:


Jesus's gift.. Peace (not peace, as the world gives) that transcends human understanding.. only when we have caught a glimpse of the Lord God Almighty.


The church's job is to work with God's project to "Invite, nourish, sustain"


"an advocate will come.." 


The one who will help us to bring understanding and to do what Jesus said to do. (Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you, … etc.) The Greek text of Jesus's last directive, does not say as is commonly supposed: "Go and make disciples of all nations …" but

"As you are going, make disciples of all nations…" , this changes the focus from an event in the future to what is happening now.

(Words above in italics added by me to explain what I think he meant)

Had an amazing time with those people, and was invited for a cuppa after, met them all






Met the ",Minister" (which means servant) Scott, & another lady [who had to go back home to see how her man was going (with a cough at home)], who had both left before this photo, and all these lovely folk, including: .., Narelle, .., Chris, ..,Loaine, .., .., Phil, & Heather.

They were keen to hear how things were going. I told them it was a bit of a pilgrimage, a bit like the Comino, and about 30 other reasons, including "Movember". I forgot to say also the "Bible Society" which have helped disseminate the good story that the good of Western Civilization has grown from, and that the rot of Western Civilization has rejected outright.


They let me tinckle on the piano (bandaids with 2 or three sore finger tips make it a little difficult), and gave me what was left over from morning tea for this arvo, or the walk tomorrow.


Out waiting with Narelle, for her daughter Joanne to pick her up, I met Grant  and then Jack, each in a gopher.


Narelle uses a combination of a walker and a cane, but might even consider a gopher now that her hip is playing up even more.


On the way back to the Motel, I remembered that the old Railway Station had caught my attention yesterday with tables and chairs set up on the platform. Last night, on the way back from dinner at the Royal Tavern, I had thought that I might try to get a coffee there on Sunday. So off I went.


Nice coffee. The ladies and girl at the table beside me were enjoying a morning tea or celebration. On my way out, the friend from the phone call this morning rang back, and as i walked and talked I noticed the car beside me going very slowly. They were trying to read the sign on my backpack, and were up for a bit of a chat. I said Goodbye to my mate again and the ladies asked away, got my blogsite address, and when it came time for a photo, the girl reappeared… Here they are, another set of curious, friendly people willing to stick their neck out and say "G'day".

.

How  good is that. They also suggested Facebook as a tool to help communicate what is happening with me. We saw each other again as I was walking into the motel.


Good time to catch up on the phone with that same mate who had been interrupted 2ce, talking about Cognitive Ease; then with my lady at home. 

Then writing (this), and zzz,...zzz,... snooze.


Some reflection time. 


If we start trying to define the creator of this universe into a semantic box of meaning that we have had pre-constructed for us by our culture, with the English word GOD, without holding it very gingerly, to allow the reality to start to define the symbol, we are idiots, that are trying to make the tail wag the dog. Especially once we realize that the self revelation of this force that is more a being than we are, indicates that "..my ways are higher than yours.." And our experience knows that to be true. Look at the ways we humans provide leadership in this world. WAYS HIGHER (eyes higher 55:8-9)






OLD TO NEW WORLD VIEW



Despite that science tells us "This world is

not what it seems on outside, to the feel,

with layers upon layers forming things",

I still believe that our ol' world is real.


Our scientific story tells us that

despite what we all see here (think we "know"),

there's layers of "community" which mat

together, and which interleave.. (quite so):《1


Inside, within each body, making up

the living ones, are individu'l "cells",

or living creatures that can be corrupt-

ed, or combined to make a host where dwells


the multicelled "community" we see

that's planted right before us "on" (or "in")

our ground of being. Even you and me.

And these can be disrupted or can win!


The ways that these communities would seize

things 'round about to aid their tiny parts,

to work together: shelter, feed, and ease

their life, to bring a thriving from their starts,


are called in this Our world "to feed", & "clothe

and shelter", self or fam'ly, other lives.

The old words from Our world that covered both

are "love", & then there's "peace"- which meant "life thrives".


But smaller yet, each body that exists,

of rocks, or gasses, animals or plants;

(and irrespective of "life" tagged to its

existence as an entity, per chance..)


is made of smaller atoms, molecules,

or other things that kind of are like "seas".

But smaller yet (these aren't just words of fools)

are forces "circling", balancing with ease.


Where either particles or waves "impart"

existence to those higher levels too.

But here we haven't even made a start

on bigger things, like Galaxies and U-


ni-verse, or other categ'ries rehearsed,

like Supernova, Nebulae, and Giants,

Dwarves, and other stars that shoot and burst,

to cook up compounds, elements and ions


from which all of the rest can start to "be".

Invisible dimensions in this way

we start to understand, and maybe "see"

within our "mind's eye" - as they used to say.


But still our story makes more sense, or less

of all dimensions we've encountered here,

since we were born - to order and to mess,

with this ol' world. - And this is where I cheer


myself as I move on, and others too.

The world we "started" in, that let us learn

about dimensions and these worlds that you

have just now been reminded of, don't spearn!


The story that's apparent: God made this

whole world with more dimensions than you'd poke

at with a stick, does not seem so remiss

and starts to look less like it was a joke!


"The best is yet to come", as AA found

in fact, through living in this re-al world.

And there's a higher power hanging round

to see if we would reach out and be curled


within the love of biggest Dad, or Mum,

and let the Great Creator's fam-il-y

look after us and grow us, and then some..

towards more of a nature that is free


to love back, as we have ourselves been loved.

And that's why most religions in this world

admire, and think good-life was surely gloved

within the life, that we have mostly hurled


our insults at, and blamed him for our faults

and misdemeanours, laziness, and such.

It's him I would commend to you. Us dolts,

we killed the model human God loved much -


the second Adarm (and would kill his Eve,

that God brings from him while he's "not around").

In jealousy and ignorance, we'd weave

a net to catch them yet, like beasts been found


and named. So if you ask me to I'll tell

the story of the glory of God "THERE",

who loves his kids, and wants them to do well,

take on creative love, and learn to share.




《1》 physically enact this by interleaving the fingers from each hand with those of the other

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...