2022-05-01

Psalm 42 (PW Version 2205010902)




As does the hart pant for the water streams, 

so does my heart pant for you, oh my God.

My heart & soul thirst for, not just what "seems",

but streaming life, that flows from where life's got.


My heart & soul thirst for the Living El. 

When can I go to meet with such an one? 

My own tears were the only thing that fell

into my mouth. I felt that I was done.


While others say to me throughout the day:

‘Where is this God of yours?’ And I recall,

as I pour out my soul in words, I say: 

I used to go to God's house. I stood tall!


Protected by the Mighty One with shouts 

of joy and praise among the festive throng. 

Why, oh my soul, are you downcast about

something? Why so disturbed? Is something wrong?


The answer is to put your hope in him, 

for I will praise him yet, my Saviour and 

my God. My soul is downcast, mem'ry dim.

Therefore I will recall to understand:


You made the valleys and the mountains high.

This land, a gift from you, recalls your deep,

wide generosity that falls on my

head till I understand, and start to weep.


By day the Lord directs his love, at night

his psalm is with me – prayer & song to God.

Have you forgotten me, when I'm up-tight?

I choose to hope in who gives me the nod.


PWV



As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, ‘Where is your God?’ These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon – from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me – a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God my Rock, ‘Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?’ My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, ‘Where is your God?’ Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. 

NIVUK Psalm 42:1‭-‬11 (Hebrew, and other versions) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...