2022-05-28

Saturday 28May2022CE pm



I found a little lamb out beside the road under a gum tree beside a paddock of ewes with little lambs. Can't see how it got out, untill i walked a few hundred meters further and a gate was high enough on one side for a lamb to bend down and get through.


I've been playing with "communicating" with animals since a friend went to a workshop and is now convinved humans can learn to. I thought if it wanders out on the road, it will swiftly become road kill. So tried different strategies of communicating with it. I thought if i could hold it I could probably let it down over the fence. Almost. But not quite. Forgot to take a pic.


I dropped intovthe next house on the same side. The Davis', thelady said she knew the people who owned the paddock the lamb was probably from, and would ringcthe Shaefers to let them know. Mrs..Davis filled up my water bottle too, with tank water. How good is that.



Trev Ryan stopped, going the other way to me, for a quick chat.He said he'd passed me three times today, and thought he'd better catch up, and see what's going on. Was I doing it for a charity? I said there is that with Movember, but it it's kind of a pilgimage too. A neighbouring farmer in Canowindra took some time off and went to Spain to do the Comino. He came back and said it was teally worth his while. I was intruiged, but thought (though we don't have the history of monasteries etc to stay in cheaply, surely we could do something like that in Australia. I didn't tell Trev then, but that is why every day I have some time to tune in to purpose and reality  and read one of the First Century documents on the life of Jesus.)


Where do I stay? Trev asked. 

"Pubs,  Caravan Parks, Backpackers Hostels, tent and sleeping bag, in the trolley, where I can't. (e.g. Temora's Shamrock Hotel, then tenting, then Bribaree's Hotel, then tenting, then tonight at the Albion Hotel in Grenfell  -& booked there for Sunday too.)  

.

As I tried to tell him my blogspot, hard verbally, Trev suggested i get on Facebook. It made a big difference to his Rams business. Maybe I'll have to check it out, yet again.Thanks for taking the time to share Trev.


I was just trying to see if I could get to Orange one day earlier, for an appointment. Then it was my turn to give directions. This car pulled up and an old chap driving (with a boy in the passenger's seat, who looked dressed for or from sport) asked if this was the way to Young? I said I've just come from Temora on this road..

 I had my phone and Google maps i  my hand, so we looked it up. Yeah, he needed Henry Lawson Way. He did a U-y  

.

and went back to the MidWestern Highway, to turn right onto Weddin Street…



Saw the way Google maps took me & Mrs Davis had directed me, but got waylaid by a coffee shop, that lloked shut, but I just saw a man walk into it. I thought I probably have time to have a nice coffee today, before I make my way to the pub. Got to the coffee shop and the owner, who had just walked in, said it shut at 12, noon. Then I was partly up the street, but this street looked steeper than Main Street, that the pub was on. So I may as well go back only one or two house blocks and go up Main Street. I thought, oh well, it shouldn't hurt me to go up a steep hill, and just dug in my heels to go this way. As I got to the last house on the left, I noticed that over the road from it was rhe Uniting Church, so I thought, ah I've found where I'll go tomorrow at 10am. One of the locals, who was a friend of friends had rung me back, and offered me a bed for the night, but I said I was booked into the pub for two nights. So when i said I was interested in meeting with people who are earnest about following  Jesus, since this is a pilgrimage too, he invited me to a combined Anglicsn, Uniting Church, Presbyterian, get together at 10 in a hall owned by one of them. And we were going to have lunch either at their place, or chinese in town, because they had something in town mid afternoon. I said fine. My shout at Chinese. The man, David  said "No. It think it's better if we shout!" Then he told me that the Uniting Church & Presbyterian churches in town have the same minister, and it has worked well for a time, and since it was the 5th Sunday of the month, the Anglicans were joining in too. I said this is pretty amazing. I've heard of say the Anglican and Uniting churches working together, but not the Presbyterians too. Good on 'em, I thought, they might have listened to their scriptures about not breaking into little groups that follow this way or that, this person or that person.


Well, as I got to a street to turn left at, a man was turning his garden hose on or off in the corner house, & i thought maybe i could keep going to the top thete is another street to go left at to get to the pub so I called out to the man outside his house to ssk if that would work. He said "Yes, But this one would be easier." And I thought "Yeah, I don't specially want to go the hard way. So I turned there, then he asked where I was going and had come from etc..

We talked for about an hour they brought out a cup of tea, we found we had mutual friends, and he said he was on his 2nd day of COVID, (his family were all over it), so had to stay in the yard.

.

Met Steve and Julie & their two kids. He also turned out to be the minister of those two churches, that I'd asked my friend & the friend of my friend about on the phone. His printer printed a few leaflets I can give folk about my blog and Movember.

Talk about being steered. Thank you walking partner!




Lovely time with a drink at the pub, looking at Pool, then shower,  phone home, and dinner down stairs! Lovely Chicken Parmi, with mash & vegies. A1, while I watched the footy and some local pool comp. I was welcomed to "the big G", which is… Grenfell!


Have to wash some clothes, if the laundromat is open before 9am, and get a new razor.


Good night.






OLD TO NEW WORLD VIEW



Despite that science tells us "This world is

not what it seems on outside, to the feel,

with layers upon layers forming things",

I still believe that our ol' world is real.


Our scientific story tells us that

despite what we all see here (think we "know"),

there's layers of "community" which mat

together, and which interleave.. (quite so):《1


Inside, within each body, making up

the living ones, are individu'l "cells",

or living creatures that can be corrupt-

ed, or combined to make a host where dwells


the multicelled "community" we see

that's planted right before us "on" (or "in")

our ground of being. Even you and me.

And these can be disrupted or can win!


The ways that these communities would seize

things 'round about to aid their tiny parts,

to work together: shelter, feed, and ease

their life, to bring a thriving from their starts,


are called in this Our world "to feed", & "clothe

and shelter", self or fam'ly, other lives.

The old words from Our world that covered both

are "love", & then there's "peace"- which meant "life thrives".


But smaller yet, each body that exists,

of rocks, or gasses, animals or plants;

(and irrespective of "life" tagged to its

existence as an entity, per chance..)


is made of smaller atoms, molecules,

or other things that kind of are like "seas".

But smaller yet (these aren't just words of fools)

are forces "circling", balancing with ease.


Where either particles or waves "impart"

existence to those higher levels too.

But here we haven't even made a start

on bigger things, like Galaxies and U-


ni-verse, or other categ'ries rehearsed,

like Supernova, Nebulae, and Giants,

Dwarves, and other stars that shoot and burst,

to cook up compounds, elements and ions


from which all of the rest can start to "be".

Invisible dimensions in this way

we start to understand, and maybe "see"

within our "mind's eye" - as they used to say.


But still our story makes more sense, or less

of all dimensions we've encountered here,

since we were born - to order and to mess,

with this ol' world. - And this is where I cheer


myself as I move on, and others too.

The world we "started" in, that let us learn

about dimensions and these worlds that you

have just now been reminded of, don't spearn!


The story that's apparent: God made this

whole world with more dimensions than you'd poke

at with a stick, does not seem so remiss

and starts to look less like it was a joke!


"The best is yet to come", as AA found

in fact, through living in this re-al world.

And there's a higher power hanging round

to see if we would reach out and be curled


within the love of biggest Dad, or Mum,

and let the Great Creator's fam-il-y

look after us and grow us, and then some..

towards more of a nature that is free


to love back, as we have ourselves been loved.

And that's why most religions in this world

admire, and think good-life was surely gloved

within the life, that we have mostly hurled


our insults at, and blamed him for our faults

and misdemeanours, laziness, and such.

It's him I would commend to you. Us dolts,

we killed the model human God loved much -


the second Adarm (and would kill his Eve,

that God brings from him while he's "not around").

In jealousy and ignorance, we'd weave

a net to catch them yet, like beasts been found


and named. So if you ask me to I'll tell

the story of the glory of God "THERE",

who loves his kids, and wants them to do well,

take on creative love, and learn to share.




《1》 physically enact this by interleaving the fingers from each hand with those of the other

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...