2022-05-27

Friday 27May2022CE am Bribaree to Bimbi

 

A couple of freight trains went by during the night (maybe the big silos in town are on the trainline). The plan was originally to wake @ 7 dress,  pack trolley and backpack, & give the trolley with the backpack in it to Dan at 8 at the front of the pub,  then walk or jog along my self.


But with this pilgrimage's walking companion, sometimes you get time to discuss and figure things out in the wee hours of the morning. It happened again like that for me, from 2-3:30am, I was thinking about what motivates me (& others too). So, though I had changed my alarm to earlier I changed it back to 7am.


"Lucky" I got up earlier. I needed the time. Still takes a while sorting the trolley each morning. Out the front at 8am we hoisted the trolley onto the back of an already full ute. Tied it down, and they drove off, & I walked behind them.


Down the road, I turn left to be taken back to Mary Gilmore Way, it says 45km to Grenfell. I should get about 23km today.

.

A sign on my right tells me I'm crossing  back into a previous shire.

.

What a lovely day to walk. Sun is bright  but a lot of clouds in the sky, the air feels about 14°C. No rain at least till 9am..



Walking along, thinking, reading, listening, singing along.

I come to a little township of Bimbi.

A sign on the way in and out of Bimbi says:

.

And the first plaque gave a smary of the town's history

.

.

With more detail provided at the old (no longer) PostOffice & General Store,

.

.

And around the war memorial:

I was reminded of all these people who gave to this area in the last hundred years, 

.

.

and before that. 

.

.


It got me thinking bigger.."What sort of contribution will be my legacy?"


The Memorial /Fire  Station had clean open loos (though no loo paper). I was about to fill my water bottle up at the wash basin, hoping it might be tank water.. but the brownish colour made me think it might be creek water used for hand washing. So I went to the house next door, with a lovely garden and DunRoamin on the gate, and a car in the car port,

.

thinking someone might be home here. Called out, & a lady's voice answered "Round the back."  I showed her my empty waterbottle and wondered if she'd have any drinking water spare, she said "Sure", took it filled it from the fridge, and said "That should dp the job." I told her where I was hoping to stay tonight, and said thanks again. 

I don't even know her name. 

But she said  "There's no shop in town now. I do all my shopping in Young, but it's getting hard will fuel prices going up so much." It makes you appreciate shop keepers, and what a service they can be to a community, eh?

Thank you old lady, who loves gardening.


Back on the road. Turn left, towards Grenfell. 

.











OLD TO NEW WORLD VIEW



Despite that science tells us "This world is

not what it seems on outside, to the feel,

with layers upon layers forming things",

I still believe that our ol' world is real.


Our scientific story tells us that

despite what we all see here (think we "know"),

there's layers of "community" which mat

together, and which interleave.. (quite so):《1


Inside, within each body, making up

the living ones, are individu'l "cells",

or living creatures that can be corrupt-

ed, or combined to make a host where dwells


the multicelled "community" we see

that's planted right before us "on" (or "in")

our ground of being. Even you and me.

And these can be disrupted or can win!


The ways that these communities would seize

things 'round about to aid their tiny parts,

to work together: shelter, feed, and ease

their life, to bring a thriving from their starts,


are called in this Our world "to feed", & "clothe

and shelter", self or fam'ly, other lives.

The old words from Our world that covered both

are "love", & then there's "peace"- which meant "life thrives".


But smaller yet, each body that exists,

of rocks, or gasses, animals or plants;

(and irrespective of "life" tagged to its

existence as an entity, per chance..)


is made of smaller atoms, molecules,

or other things that kind of are like "seas".

But smaller yet (these aren't just words of fools)

are forces "circling", balancing with ease.


Where either particles or waves "impart"

existence to those higher levels too.

But here we haven't even made a start

on bigger things, like Galaxies and U-


ni-verse, or other categ'ries rehearsed,

like Supernova, Nebulae, and Giants,

Dwarves, and other stars that shoot and burst,

to cook up compounds, elements and ions


from which all of the rest can start to "be".

Invisible dimensions in this way

we start to understand, and maybe "see"

within our "mind's eye" - as they used to say.


But still our story makes more sense, or less

of all dimensions we've encountered here,

since we were born - to order and to mess,

with this ol' world. - And this is where I cheer


myself as I move on, and others too.

The world we "started" in, that let us learn

about dimensions and these worlds that you

have just now been reminded of, don't spearn!


The story that's apparent: God made this

whole world with more dimensions than you'd poke

at with a stick, does not seem so remiss

and starts to look less like it was a joke!


"The best is yet to come", as AA found

in fact, through living in this re-al world.

And there's a higher power hanging round

to see if we would reach out and be curled


within the love of biggest Dad, or Mum,

and let the Great Creator's fam-il-y

look after us and grow us, and then some..

towards more of a nature that is free


to love back, as we have ourselves been loved.

And that's why most religions in this world

admire, and think good-life was surely gloved

within the life, that we have mostly hurled


our insults at, and blamed him for our faults

and misdemeanours, laziness, and such.

It's him I would commend to you. Us dolts,

we killed the model human God loved much -


the second Adarm (and would kill his Eve,

that God brings from him while he's "not around").

In jealousy and ignorance, we'd weave

a net to catch them yet, like beasts been found


and named. So if you ask me to I'll tell

the story of the glory of God "THERE",

who loves his kids, and wants them to do well,

take on creative love, and learn to share.




《1》 physically enact this by interleaving the fingers from each hand with those of the other

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...