2022-05-03

Rochester to Echuca

(Tuesday 3rd of May, 2022) (written, starting that night in the motel room)



I stayed with friends in Bendigo Fri and Sat night, and didn't walk further on Sat and Sun. They kindly gave me a room for two nights, and let me join in on family life with 2 children (a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old) and a three month old puppy, just beginning to be trained. A lovely gift, and one which gave me food for thought, as well as food for this body. I am indebted to  them. My mate convinced me to try to use Youtube for my blog vids, and snapchat for my blog pics. We'll see how it goes.


A very full day…


I asked the lady who took my Motel booking yesterday for any brain-waves as to what I could do with my bag. She gave me the idea that worked.


In the early morning I realized that i should buy a ticket to Echuca, negotiate with the driver for me to exit at Rochester, and ask him if he could leave my pack at Echuca (appropriately labelled with instructions, my name and phone number) and I could ring the station Master and check if that could work from his end. 


Left my son & daughter-in-law's place just before 8am, bused to the Bendigo station, bought the ticket to Echuca, talked it through with some very helpful staff. The driver was the same bloke who drove me to Elmore yesterday and then picked me up from Rochester and took me back to Bendigo for my meal & bed. Bit of a glitch..  the Railway's policy is now not to disclose local Station Master's numbers. But the driver was game, and I was too, even if i lost my pack. I had a room booked for the night and I would have to wash my clothes in the shower and try to dry them overnight.. Glad this wasn't essential. It worked.


The trip gave me sore feet, but with NO PACK, they were not so bad as they would have been. I'm learning about looking after a body too. Stopped to put my feet up (for 30- 1 hr. min) in the middle. During the 27km I drank all the 600ml water, and ate the 7 dates, some trail mix, and a meusli bar.


Almost a straight road for 90% of the trip… Again, a small (bitumen or dirt - it changed) road, the other side of the railway line from the main highway. Saw about 10-20 cars or trucks all day (while out of town, on that road), so mostly I had the road, and scenery either side, all to myself. I'd walk on the bitumen, or a tyre track, on the right hand side of the road, then wait off the side of the road when cars which were coming towards me  passed.



THE ROAD

Above the road:


The right side of the road on the bitumen:

.



The left side of the road on the bitumen:

.



Reflection beside the road of higher things:



The left side of the road a bit later when the road was dirt:

...

..


A great time to catch up on the phone with a mate or two, via calls or texts. A good conversation about communication with animals, and the fact that my body is an animal, that is pretty well tied to me, or I'm pretty well tied to it.


The right side of the road a bit later when the road was dirt;

.



The right side of The road looking past the trees and fence,

There are green fields

:.



And there are furrowed paddocks:




Take a break. Look up, & look out!

.



I arrive at the value Motel, pay, collect the key, and get in:

Walked a couple more km and picked up my bag from the station.  Amazing "Can do!" people.

Saw the pub over the road from the station and enjoyed a cold beverage and a talk with the bartender, and got the price on their rooms, which was even better.


Back to my room, booked breaky for tomorrow morning, shower, cuppa (with fresh milk), and lay with legs up on bed, and back on floor for a few hours. Lovely talk with my lady at home for 30 min.


..


..




OLD TO NEW WORLD VIEW



Despite that science tells us "This world is

not what it seems on outside, to the feel,

with layers upon layers forming things",

I still believe that our ol' world is real.


Our scientific story tells us that

despite what we all see here (think we "know"),

there's layers of "community" which mat

together, and which interleave.. (quite so):《1


Inside, within each body, making up

the living ones, are individu'l "cells",

or living creatures that can be corrupt-

ed, or combined to make a host where dwells


the multicelled "community" we see

that's planted right before us "on" (or "in")

our ground of being. Even you and me.

And these can be disrupted or can win!


The ways that these communities would seize

things 'round about to aid their tiny parts,

to work together: shelter, feed, and ease

their life, to bring a thriving from their starts,


are called in this Our world "to feed", & "clothe

and shelter", self or fam'ly, other lives.

The old words from Our world that covered both

are "love", & then there's "peace"- which meant "life thrives".


But smaller yet, each body that exists,

of rocks, or gasses, animals or plants;

(and irrespective of "life" tagged to its

existence as an entity, per chance..)


is made of smaller atoms, molecules,

or other things that kind of are like "seas".

But smaller yet (these aren't just words of fools)

are forces "circling", balancing with ease.


Where either particles or waves "impart"

existence to those higher levels too.

But here we haven't even made a start

on bigger things, like Galaxies and U-


ni-verse, or other categ'ries rehearsed,

like Supernova, Nebulae, and Giants,

Dwarves, and other stars that shoot and burst,

to cook up compounds, elements and ions


from which all of the rest can start to "be".

Invisible dimensions in this way

we start to understand, and maybe "see"

within our "mind's eye" - as they used to say.


But still our story makes more sense, or less

of all dimensions we've encountered here,

since we were born - to order and to mess,

with this ol' world. - And this is where I cheer


myself as I move on, and others too.

The world we "started" in, that let us learn

about dimensions and these worlds that you

have just now been reminded of, don't spearn!


The story that's apparent: God made this

whole world with more dimensions than you'd poke

at with a stick, does not seem so remiss

and starts to look less like it was a joke!


"The best is yet to come", as AA found

in fact, through living in this re-al world.

And there's a higher power hanging round

to see if we would reach out and be curled


within the love of biggest Dad, or Mum,

and let the Great Creator's fam-il-y

look after us and grow us, and then some..

towards more of a nature that is free


to love back, as we have ourselves been loved.

And that's why most religions in this world

admire, and think good-life was surely gloved

within the life, that we have mostly hurled


our insults at, and blamed him for our faults

and misdemeanours, laziness, and such.

It's him I would commend to you. Us dolts,

we killed the model human God loved much -


the second Adarm (and would kill his Eve,

that God brings from him while he's "not around").

In jealousy and ignorance, we'd weave

a net to catch them yet, like beasts been found


and named. So if you ask me to I'll tell

the story of the glory of God "THERE",

who loves his kids, and wants them to do well,

take on creative love, and learn to share.




《1》 physically enact this by interleaving the fingers from each hand with those of the other

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...