2022-05-21

Saturday 21May2022


I voted. Bought a few home made goodies for sale at the school where we voted. Went to Food Works to get more bandaids etc. Rang the new duty nurse John at the hospital. John from the UK was a trooper,  he worked hard and fast. He let me in,  was expecting me, and took all my bandages & bandaids off, and had a look, then got the doctor to look as she passed by. They agreed that the elbow had healed enough overnight that it didn't now need stiching. Then he said "Right, you wash em really well with that soap (from the dispenser) and water, and I'll get some more gauze etc. for you. Do this at least every 3 days.  Done in 30-40 min, with antibiotics to boot. 

I gave the staff there the banana bread loaf I'd just bought from outside the voting stand, for morning tea, and then just had time to rattle off a 1 min pic of John as he finished the notes on the computer. They were grateful, and so was I. How good is that?


Dropped in, to the address I was given by Ruth Smith from a week ago,  but no-one was home, so left a note with my contact details and moved on, to work out a lightweight stove for boiling the billy on.


Carly was in at the Motel office so I showed her my makeshift fireplace for boiling the billy, and asked if I could possibly get a small load of washing done. She said, no they didn't even have a laundromat service in town any more. Their linen was done in Wagga Wagga. When i asked if I could pay her,  she relented and took a small bag of washing to do in their family washing machine. Then dry it. How kind is that?


Andrew, the other half of Carly, heard how i was building a little fire place and went and brought a billy/ kettle, complete with spout, filled with Motel style tea bags and bickies and coffee sachets. 

.

Then asked if I had a good cup. I told him that sadly a few days back I'd lost my good thermos one. He went away and came back with a yellow panican.

.


Walked past Foodworks, and picked up a few different types of bandaids, then had a chance to catch up (on the phone) with my lady before soccer in Orange, and two good mates, one in Orange, and one in Bendigo, and sing a few new songs.


I got to the point where the rest of the  trip to Temora would only be 47km. A good amount for the two days, Monday and Tuesday, less than 25km a day. Then looked for a lift back. I devised a way to write "Coolamon" on my phone screen using the biggest possible letters, to show passing motorists, in order to hitch a ride back.


The second car stopped.


Graham Dennis picked me up near the spot called Berry Jerry (at the first wooden electricity pole after the electricity lines cross the road from West to East & then become concrete poles) He was heading back to Coolamon, where he now lives, from his family property out that way.

The view of the road from the Coolamon end of the ute:

.

The view of the road from the Berry Jerry end of the ute:

He was running a bit late for an important appointment in Wagga,  but still stopped and checked me out, and took me in, and … dropped me back at the Motel in Coolamon. And as we got talking, it turns out that he mostly  goes out there each day, though has another appointment Monday morning, so wouldn't be; but will anyway, just to drop me and my trolley off where he picked me up - unless I find someone else going there anyway. Around 7:30am Monday.


Thank you Graham. How generous and considerate is that!


Thank you too, to the creative love behind this universe for rigging up goodnesses like that, if we will step out and work with creative love, - and walk with creative love!


When I got back to my room the Motel lady, Carly, knocked on the door and delivered my washing, done and dried. But wouldn't take any money payment. How generous is that!


My fairy God-mother Ruth Smith, whom I met on the walk a week or so ago, rang to check that I got fixed up at the hospital. We talked for ~15 min.


Off for another steak at the Tavern., with mash and vegies. Beautiful.


Then back & ready to rest up for the day tomorrow.






OLD TO NEW WORLD VIEW



Despite that science tells us "This world is

not what it seems on outside, to the feel,

with layers upon layers forming things",

I still believe that our ol' world is real.


Our scientific story tells us that

despite what we all see here (think we "know"),

there's layers of "community" which mat

together, and which interleave.. (quite so):《1


Inside, within each body, making up

the living ones, are individu'l "cells",

or living creatures that can be corrupt-

ed, or combined to make a host where dwells


the multicelled "community" we see

that's planted right before us "on" (or "in")

our ground of being. Even you and me.

And these can be disrupted or can win!


The ways that these communities would seize

things 'round about to aid their tiny parts,

to work together: shelter, feed, and ease

their life, to bring a thriving from their starts,


are called in this Our world "to feed", & "clothe

and shelter", self or fam'ly, other lives.

The old words from Our world that covered both

are "love", & then there's "peace"- which meant "life thrives".


But smaller yet, each body that exists,

of rocks, or gasses, animals or plants;

(and irrespective of "life" tagged to its

existence as an entity, per chance..)


is made of smaller atoms, molecules,

or other things that kind of are like "seas".

But smaller yet (these aren't just words of fools)

are forces "circling", balancing with ease.


Where either particles or waves "impart"

existence to those higher levels too.

But here we haven't even made a start

on bigger things, like Galaxies and U-


ni-verse, or other categ'ries rehearsed,

like Supernova, Nebulae, and Giants,

Dwarves, and other stars that shoot and burst,

to cook up compounds, elements and ions


from which all of the rest can start to "be".

Invisible dimensions in this way

we start to understand, and maybe "see"

within our "mind's eye" - as they used to say.


But still our story makes more sense, or less

of all dimensions we've encountered here,

since we were born - to order and to mess,

with this ol' world. - And this is where I cheer


myself as I move on, and others too.

The world we "started" in, that let us learn

about dimensions and these worlds that you

have just now been reminded of, don't spearn!


The story that's apparent: God made this

whole world with more dimensions than you'd poke

at with a stick, does not seem so remiss

and starts to look less like it was a joke!


"The best is yet to come", as AA found

in fact, through living in this re-al world.

And there's a higher power hanging round

to see if we would reach out and be curled


within the love of biggest Dad, or Mum,

and let the Great Creator's fam-il-y

look after us and grow us, and then some..

towards more of a nature that is free


to love back, as we have ourselves been loved.

And that's why most religions in this world

admire, and think good-life was surely gloved

within the life, that we have mostly hurled


our insults at, and blamed him for our faults

and misdemeanours, laziness, and such.

It's him I would commend to you. Us dolts,

we killed the model human God loved much -


the second Adarm (and would kill his Eve,

that God brings from him while he's "not around").

In jealousy and ignorance, we'd weave

a net to catch them yet, like beasts been found


and named. So if you ask me to I'll tell

the story of the glory of God "THERE",

who loves his kids, and wants them to do well,

take on creative love, and learn to share.




《1》 physically enact this by interleaving the fingers from each hand with those of the other

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...