2022-05-07

LEARN2PRAY -1?




So how and why would I e'en try to learn

to do a thing divorced from life and love,

to grow a passion for what I now spearn,

like doing exercises for recov-


ry - when I'm doing well; or dig my grave -

I might be lost at sea, of in the air,

or body burned in building, or to rave:

"One side of Earth is toasted" - Solar flare!


I don't mind digging when the time is right.

I s'pose I might still have to learn to dig

or use an excavator - overnight,

or hire someone(s) to do it, if it's big!


I'm talking as a married man, you see.

I'm not divorced, nor do I seek to be.

We're free as birds, to keep our words, and we

have been so blessed, to live and dress, married!


We're learning love. We're not so good as to

not need a friend to help (from time to time)

us listen to the other's point of view,

and sort the mess, when things aren't quite sublime.


Why would I ever want to learn "divorce"?

It hasn't any worm upon the hook.

But there are "worms", with hooks inside, to "force"

this fish to go where it would never look.


And that's the way, I feel today about

that word they say at funerals, and "church",

there's not much in me wants to learn to spout,

the kind of speech machined by things that lurch.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...