2022-08-09

Tues09Aug2022 from Mungindi..(towards St.George)



Up at 6:30am, didn't actually get on the road till 8:17am. Oh well, it shouldn't be a big day today(~20km)… nor tomorrow(~20km), only the next one (33km, with the trolley). See how we go.

Its quite cool just now. There's sparkles of diamond dew on the lower blades of grass still. I have to keep walking in this sunshine to keep warm enough not to shiver. Today, can't see a cloud in the sky. Just a lighter blue curtain at the edges, getting more royal blue on top. You just feel it as a dome over you, or a curtain, that you know will be pulled back tonight, letting you look out of the nursery, into Mum & Dad's bedroom, or the back yard, or whole worlds awaiting. Oh God! I love this country, and these people. This might be a bit of the home of GOD, right now! (There is an old psalm that says, in old English, "The Earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.. " which I take to mean "The whole Earth is GOD's place, every last scrap of it!".


I like being in your place, with you, creative love.


(Sometimes I wish I had an invisibility cloak as good as yours. But I know that I don't have enough creativity or love to use it well, and it might be the end of me. So, even that, I have to leave in your hands, and do the best I can at this invisibility thing;  like whoever paid for my room last night)


In the middle of this, a test for my sanity. A few more twinges in my gouty big toe. And I remermber that prevention is (way) better than cure. I stop to find the gout tablets that I forgot to take this morning.



Yup, all done. Then a very precious time walking along the edge of the Carnarvon Highway. It probably looks like I'm walking alone. But appearances (as important as they are), are not all there is to reality.


Enjoying my Company, and the company of people I can see on this planet, especially those who have entrusted themselves in some way to me, like friends, my good woman, our 6 children, and many others who have let me get to know them, I suspect I might be the luckiest man in Australia today. And, as A.A.* (and all those 12 step programs*, like N.A. & GROW etc*) helps people to recognize, "The best is yet to come."




I am told of friends' troubles, and children's struggles, it is beautiful to know that creative love is no less present with them than here with me, where the presence of creative love  seems so obvious. Sometimes I walk, or sit, or lie with what I know of friends, offspring, relatives and family in the presence of creative love; and poem-ish thingos pop (well, ppp-o-o-o-ppp) into my head. It's fun trying to make a plaster cast of them with words. Sometimes you get the feel of a living creature of hope even through the static form of a poem-ish thingo. (It's a bit like that game where you can only feel something in a bag, with one finger, and you have to guess what it is. Sometimes you do get a bit of an idea.)


Met an aboriginal worker in a ute painted with aboriginal artwork, first yesterday on the way into Mungindi, 20 min after I met Malcolm, then again this arvo ~16km out of Thallon. Said he'll see me again tomorrow,  just as he was leaving. After a few seconds, when I understood that he must be planning to come back on this road tomorrow,  I yelled, "Bring us a coffee", he waved, but I don't know if he heard me or not. We'll see.


Set up tent behind some trees off the road. Cooked up a rice  beans and tuna dish, then lay down, and thought O'd see if I had any signal. Immediately my Dad rang and we talked while hexwaited at the barbers.


Like to get going soon after 7am tomorrow.


We'll see.



* A.A.(Alcoholics Annonymous) is one of those "12 step programs"*, like N.A. (Narcotics Annonymous). & GROW (a 12 step program for continuing to develop in mental health) etc there are others for all o'holics, sex o'holics, gamblers, etc applying the steps of growth and life, to any area where it is obviously not happening for you at the moment, within a communuty of others who are in similar real need. The help is from the "higher power", and others who take it seriously enough to allow themselves to act as a conduit for its creativity and love.






OLD TO NEW WORLD VIEW



Despite that science tells us "This world is

not what it seems on outside, to the feel,

with layers upon layers forming things",

I still believe that our ol' world is real.


Our scientific story tells us that

despite what we all see here (think we "know"),

there's layers of "community" which mat

together, and which interleave.. (quite so):《1


Inside, within each body, making up

the living ones, are individu'l "cells",

or living creatures that can be corrupt-

ed, or combined to make a host where dwells


the multicelled "community" we see

that's planted right before us "on" (or "in")

our ground of being. Even you and me.

And these can be disrupted or can win!


The ways that these communities would seize

things 'round about to aid their tiny parts,

to work together: shelter, feed, and ease

their life, to bring a thriving from their starts,


are called in this Our world "to feed", & "clothe

and shelter", self or fam'ly, other lives.

The old words from Our world that covered both

are "love", & then there's "peace"- which meant "life thrives".


But smaller yet, each body that exists,

of rocks, or gasses, animals or plants;

(and irrespective of "life" tagged to its

existence as an entity, per chance..)


is made of smaller atoms, molecules,

or other things that kind of are like "seas".

But smaller yet (these aren't just words of fools)

are forces "circling", balancing with ease.


Where either particles or waves "impart"

existence to those higher levels too.

But here we haven't even made a start

on bigger things, like Galaxies and U-


ni-verse, or other categ'ries rehearsed,

like Supernova, Nebulae, and Giants,

Dwarves, and other stars that shoot and burst,

to cook up compounds, elements and ions


from which all of the rest can start to "be".

Invisible dimensions in this way

we start to understand, and maybe "see"

within our "mind's eye" - as they used to say.


But still our story makes more sense, or less

of all dimensions we've encountered here,

since we were born - to order and to mess,

with this ol' world. - And this is where I cheer


myself as I move on, and others too.

The world we "started" in, that let us learn

about dimensions and these worlds that you

have just now been reminded of, don't spearn!


The story that's apparent: God made this

whole world with more dimensions than you'd poke

at with a stick, does not seem so remiss

and starts to look less like it was a joke!


"The best is yet to come", as AA found

in fact, through living in this re-al world.

And there's a higher power hanging round

to see if we would reach out and be curled


within the love of biggest Dad, or Mum,

and let the Great Creator's fam-il-y

look after us and grow us, and then some..

towards more of a nature that is free


to love back, as we have ourselves been loved.

And that's why most religions in this world

admire, and think good-life was surely gloved

within the life, that we have mostly hurled


our insults at, and blamed him for our faults

and misdemeanours, laziness, and such.

It's him I would commend to you. Us dolts,

we killed the model human God loved much -


the second Adarm (and would kill his Eve,

that God brings from him while he's "not around").

In jealousy and ignorance, we'd weave

a net to catch them yet, like beasts been found


and named. So if you ask me to I'll tell

the story of the glory of God "THERE",

who loves his kids, and wants them to do well,

take on creative love, and learn to share.




《1》 physically enact this by interleaving the fingers from each hand with those of the other

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...