2022-08-18

Take heart… (as given…)

I know a man in christ, who was at his wits' end with his woman.. When I put myself in his shoes... this is what came out...


Oh God, how can I love this woman in

a way such that she feels your thought and care,

and is herself warmed up to feminin

felicities, quite glad her man is there,


and even that he is quite close, and more.

I will confess that I feel less in touch.

And much more at a loss than I've before.

But this is where I still my trembling-much,


and do the next bit that I'm meant to do

with strength and creativity from you,

and hesed* faithfulness to carry through

on how a loving husband would be true.


So please give me your wisdom where I lack.

Please help me see as much as will help her,

to know she is still loved. That word's not tacked

on, just to get connections I'd prefer.


I thank you God that you are faithful still,

and even when things might mean something's killed

you're bigger than our biggest problem, filled

with more than we could ever need°. You will


continue on, as love can never cease*.

As you keep dreaming - all this world's inside

you as our dream worlds inside us release

those characters into our dreams that hide


less solid thought, consistency, design,

capacity for characters to choose,

and have the consequences right in line

with where each character's the child of who's


the most creative, and the most in love.

It's you I would come to, to let your dove

teach me, and throw me out. For you may shove,

me where you'd like for me to go. Above


all beings, and the giver of good gifts.

The one who is the liver, and the fact

that IS, the shallom river. One who lifts

all lowly, who'd be holy in each act.


And from you, we all come, and learn to love,

I trust you where my biggest need, above

all others, is "Embody you in shove-

-el-ing what's really good° - by your dear dove."



(Audio of poem/song; stored on Google Drive)


hesed is the Hebrew word often translated into english as  "loving kindness", or "faithful love" or "covenant love", "mercy", or simply "love", in often repeated refrains of psalms like "The hesed of YHWH endures forever" (Ps 107, 118, 136) or as it is translated into the Greek of the Christian New Testament (agape), (1 Cor 13, esp verse 8) "Love.. never ceases" or ".. never fails".


° His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Thus he has given us, through these things, his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature. 2 Pet 1:3‭-‬4 NRSV-CI




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...