2018-06-14

"Rescued" did not mean without scars (or death!)

The righteous face many challenges, but The Lord saves them and will not let them be defeated. Psalm 34:19 (PM Version)

I trust in Gods never ending love, my heart rejoices because He has rescued me. Psalm 13:5 (PM Version)

The righteous will be free from pain
only when all creation
bows before it's king again.
Until then - a revelation -

Jesus wept, God's spirit grieves
(like he did in Adam's life-time).
Older children, in his fam'ly
might not expect life - "all sublime"

And Job's story helps us see
"blameless" does not mean "no suff'ring",
maybe as we come to be
closer to God, he's allowing

us to see those challenges
he sees in our life to bowing
to love & truth, against injust-
-ice, & grief from cow-tow-ing

to this world's way (to control),
the use of power to force others
to play my "I want you..." role.
"I'm the only one who smothers!"

No offer of "no challenges", 
but The Lord will save his own
from caving in, keeping ledgers
his way is much more - atone!

He will save them and will not 
let them be fully defeated,
though at times we can't see what
could be done, things have so teetered.

I trust in Gods never ending
love, thus my heart rejoices.
He has done the listening, bending,
rescued me - from my choices.

Something triumphs over justice.
What it is I can not guess,
till I see the face of Jesus,
who pittied us, in our mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...