2018-06-04

Oh God...with you today


Oh God, I want to live with you today,
like air I breathe and live all my life in,
and walk through, that enables me to say
each, ev’ry word I ever speak or sing.

I want to live on you, and in you, and
through you, because of you who are, my God.
For you’re my greatest gift; you understand,
and teach me understanding where you've  trod.

And you are my most pers’nal pleasure too,
I see you seem a hedonist at heart,
since ev’ry pleasure I have, comes from you,
to take in and let out my life’s breath starts

the pleasure in all beauty that is true
and you continue till you think it’s best
to graduate me to what will ensue,
like Jesus’ indestructible and blest,

-  a body that can not be ever stopped
though it be placed within the fiery sun.
Oh God, I can’t imagine that as “topped”
by any other option. That is fun!

Assuming, unlike vampires, that the means,
are tied into relationship and love.
And you have all the love to share, it seems.
You've given us a way that’s “from above”.

So now, the Tree of Life can be no curse
(it’s just that we must give this life away),
and trust “faithful creator” to disperse
it, waking his life’s “kind” in us that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...