2018-02-14

united or untied?

So now we are united with the  Christ,
God’s mythic leader who was prophecied
for many years. And Jesus has sufficed
to say, met all the hopes and dreams denied

our race for leadership that really was
befitted to the name, and needs we had.
If he’s the one anointed now because
the Most High God was glad to be his “Dad”,

then, I would like to follow where he stepped.
And when I do I find a curious thing -
he leads me through where he taught and he wept
and to a cross where this one is hanging,

and then I see there’s others here with me,
I feel them to be brothers, sisters, kin.
We were all once without God, blind. We see
now since this Jesus knocked, and came within,

and brought a hope that grows and will not stay
down low, for now we have been brought to God,
for though it took his death, he who’s The Way,
he brought us to his peace, through ways he trod!

He brought us 'opposites' all into his,
one temple, house, one body, group of “cells”,
he led us then to die to self-ish-ness
by taking our own cross, he broke down hell’s

wall of hostility that separates.
O Lord, please show your ways and paths to me.
You've pointed out your Truth, taught loves and hates,
all in that Jesus Christ, creatively!

Amen!



We are now united with Christ Jesus. We were all once without God and without hope, but now we have been brought near to God by the blood of  Jesus Christ, for he himself has brought peace to us. He has brought us together as one, in His body on the cross, He broke down the wall of hostility that once separated us. Ephesians 2:12b-14. (PM Version)

Show me Your ways O Lord. Point out the right path for me to follow. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for you God, saved me and you give me hope. Psalm 25:4-5 (PM Version)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...