2018-02-26

Don't dismiss dis "Sist."!


So Mandy Pandy’s just turned Fifty Four(!)
(I hope that’s right) but that’s not nights, or months.
It’s years I'm talking of! No baulking - more -
one adds to list. Does she insist it does?

We'll in a sense I see that hence-forth she
has made such choice with girl, and boys, and fuss,
and sure en-sistered Shell, & Craig, & me!
Think I can say that here today, from us;

that we are glad for good we've had from her.
The other girl, and boys that curl, with John,
round Mandy’s life, and have survived, confir
on her the “wife”, & “mother” life, that’s shone

from her insist-ent love, that’s missed when gone,
and thoughtfulness that seems to bless us all,
a list’ning ear, a straight talk dear, move on(!)
and yet her gifts here often lift this Paul,

and I suspect that who respects our “Man”
are those who most often work close to her,
for in a team what often seems to pan
out helping much is those as such who were

just working hard to keep their yard, and play
their part, instead of shaking head and tut-
ting, gossiping, & loudmouthing, or say-
ing what is not to help the lot un-rutt!

Now “Man”, I start to play my part in this.
I'm glad that you’ve not got to prove a thing,
but just to open windows, cope. 'n “Sist”;
I'm glad I've had your friendship’s mad hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...