2018-02-07

I know who - I am!


My old life and identity is based
on (gained it’s worth from) what “the people” said,
especially those who count within this place.
Don’t think it is worth rescuing. ... It’s dead!

And now the essence of this new life is
no longer mine, for Jesus now lives here
within this bag of skin. My new life is
empowered by faith in he who has appeared

on Earth, the Son of God who loved me so ...
so much that he gave all his self for me,
in giving up his rights while here below
and living as you meant for us to be.

For that’s the essence of that love of yours:
he “gave himself” at every turn (for me)
for God’s dead children to be raised because
he's Resurrection, and The Life, you see!

So then because of God’s true faithful love
we do not perish, as the dead should do,
(unless we won't be raised up from above)
his mercies never end. They’re always new.

And who would guess: as every rain-bowed cloud
could be the symbol of your promise true,
the colours of each morning sing aloud
your love and mercy that has been renewed.

For you are not just good one day a week,
or decade, or a life-time, century…
You keep your word, and keep on, so to speak,
your faithfulness is great! I would copy.



My old life and my old identity is gone. And now the essence of of this new life is no longer mine, for Jesus now lives in me. My new life is empowered by faith in the Son of God who loves me so much that he gave himself for me.   Galatians 2:20 (PM Version)

Because of the Lords  faithful love to us that we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22,23 (PM Version)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...