2017-05-29

trust or bust

The Lord is the eternal God, & he's
creator of all of the earth & seas,
(& sky above, & heavens round about
- dimensions that are filled with friend and lout:

the angels, drones, botts, worms, exploits, & mals,
the micro, macro, heavy particles
& light that waves & rays, & ra-di-ates
with alpha, beta, gamma as its mates,

& demons, spirits, winds, & attitudes,
that influence the culture & the dudes
(& dude-esses, in diff'rent ways of course).
And he knows all about the Trojan Horse.

He never grows weak, wearies, like atoms,
his understanding no one else fathoms.
And he gives power to weak & baseless things,
and too protects his chicks under his wings.

He set up life and growth - development,
delights to strengthen powerless, that's his "bent".
And so he'll be my rock, and also strength,
and saviour of me now, & then at length!

And so as Jesus taught, I'll "keep pray-ing"
recalling that he's present in my brain,
an invocation to this world within
where I have some control - to conquer sin

(that virus of the soul that causes death).
He added "don't give up", with baited breath.
So I will take advice from one who knows,
and let you do that re-set. Well, here goes!

..........

The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Isaiah 40:28-29. (PM Version)

The Lord is my rock, and my strength, and my saviour. 2 Samuel 22:2 (PM Version)

Jesus said "keep praying and never give up" Luke 18:1 (PM Version)

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up, with baited breath. Beautiful.

    And so relevant to teachers and students.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the conversation...