2017-05-27

content to continue

True godliness here with contentment is
real riches or great gain, for after all
we brought with us (when we came into this
ol' world), a big fat nothing (that's quite small).

And then we can't take anything with us
upon our leaving. So I'll look to him -
look to the LORD, for His strength, and presence,
& keep on looking, not just on a whim.

O God, I want, like Peter said, to not
be scared to die with you! And now I see
that that's what you have called me to -(a lot -
each day; to live out "That Day" - you and me!)

Your death upon that cross was not a thing
you needed to do, in the way I do!
I'd run as frightened rabbit (never sing)
if that's where things were pointing - & I knew.

My little heart apounding all the while
with fear and panic (I'm its centre here),
but he is walking forward  - Jesus style,
his big heart full of who'll help Mum - stay near?

And still he didn't need this, but I did!
This slow and painful death on earth of "me",
yes li'le ol' me - a zombie, with a "lid"
a hat to shade me from your love that's free.

Well, freely shining on us like the sun
and by it we see most of what we do.
Too near, and "Woe is me, for I'm undone!"
Unless you "resurrect" this body new.

..........

True godliness with contentment is great gain. After all we brought nothing with us when we came into this world, and we can't take anything with us when we leave it. 1 Timothy 6:6-7 (PM Version)
Look to the LORD for His strength, and His presence continually.
1 Chronicles 16:11 (PM Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...