2017-05-25

open up

My Father, & my God & King, my Hope,
I feel so hollow & so lacking love.
How do you do what's needed to fill up
a skin that's hollowed or that's stuffed with shoved

compulsive things, that  maintain or protect
a self that's weak and pow'rless to do good.
I s'pose I don't need to know (or suspect),
as much as see & recognize what stood

in front of me (that's even in the past
when time was needed, so to re-a-lize,
put two & two together), so at last
I'd vote for good and act, not paralysed

forget to see, & fearfully give up,
or quivering be helpless in God's space.
And even now recalling that, abrupt-
-ly brings me into quite another place.

And when I start to thank the source of all
the goodness that I've had to do with here,
it doesn't matter that I feel appalled,
for still I get his "Peace" when he comes near.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...