2024-08-08

water / fire - dovetailed join..




and “straight away” as God calls some to go

(poetic rhyming with prophetic words:

a messenger of God would make things so

that straight a way God’s voice could now be heard


somehow within deserted places for 

the LORD himself would be there in that place.

(Reminds me of that burning tree and more..

the holy ground that’s inside his home-space,


where shoes should be put off his children’s feet

would be at home within the house of God’s.

(Now in our human world we wear replete

with thonging, shoes which may seem they’re at odds


with those instructions, but we hear his shout. ..

for in this place the news of our king's rule

must truly be full heralded about

for such is his good livery, & will.


emerging from the (ritualistic cleans-

-ing) water with confession of shortfalls..

he saw a schism in the very heav’ns,

through which the spirit like strong water falls


like one of the small animals we rule

as dove, comes down, & merges with, onto, 

& into him, and voice comes down as well:

“You are my son & offspring, this is you -


the offspring of my love (not just one night)

and to you comes, and through you is expressed, 

my pleasure, satisfaction, my delight!

My spirit energizes you the best 


so I want now to boast that you’re well shod,

I have got ev’ry confidence in you

a human who is partnering with God

can walk on Earth with confidence, not stew,


or worry if he'll ever pass some test.

So I can throw you there, to get it done.

Because I am with you, and you’re at rest

in me, we are together - Father / Son.


That’s worth hearing, re-mem-ber-ing my word

to you to let it give you all you need,

and speak the word of God that others heard.

It has the pow’r of life, just like a seed!




Yes. I can be thrown out into deserted places, and still trust someone this big, and this good, this beautiful, & this over-the-top. 


I have been reading, thinking about, translating, poem-izing this bit of that ancient common Greek document on the life and actions, the obedience, the message, the “teaching” by example & story-telling of Jesus from Nazareth (1st Century C.E.):


καὶ ⸀εὐθὺς ἀναβαίνων ⸀ἐκ τοῦ ὕδατος εἶδεν σχιζομένους τοὺς οὐρανοὺς καὶ τὸ πνεῦμα ⸀ὡς περιστερὰν καταβαῖνον ⸀εἰς αὐτόν· καὶ φωνὴ ἐγένετο ἐκ τῶν οὐρανῶν· Σὺ εἶ ὁ υἱός μου ὁ ἀγαπητός, ἐν ⸀σοὶ εὐδόκησα. [Μark 1:10-11 SBL GreekNewTestament]


and “straight away” 

(poetic rhyming with the prophetic word that God’s messenger would make straight a way in the deserted places for the LORD himself)

emerging from the (ritualistic cleansing) water (though which everyone except YaHWeH GOD, would assume Jesus’ unclean-ness & confession of his &/or his ancestor’s shortfalls)... he saw a schism in the heavens, (through which?) the spirit (who hovered over the world in parental and supervisory oversight) like one of the animals of creation, which humans were to rule over, like a dove, came down, merging with, onto, & into him, while a voice came from those heavens: “You are the son & offspring of my dear love, and in you is, and to you comes, and through you is expressed, my great pleasure, my satisfaction, even my delight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...