2024-04-08

One’s step after another

(Yeshua, my brother)



My God, I want to honour you in all

I think or say or do, that comes from Paul.

So even though I'm immature and small

whatever emanates in stormy squall..


..If I have you beside me, standing tall

(or even stretched in slumber), I would fall

upon you, or beside you into sleep

and let you know my problems, even weep,


and if it be I'm tired out and sick

then let you know immediately and quick,

to let you help me learn new habits which

respond to hesed love, instead of bitch.


So, here I am, I’m yawning, and stretched out

a bit cold, with a coat around about,

with feet stuck under blanket on the lounge,

I sometimes drift to sleep, as I still scrounge


for words that might help me to tell the truth,

and still creatively keep manners couth.

I see the need here for commitments or

the disciplines of life, to mould me more..


but “more” than animal well trained I’d be.

I don’t know much, but growing up I see

that walking with you, when you call in and

let me know that you’re up, have some thing planned,


and let it out that you would like for me

to join in if I’d like to. Now I see

that this is what I want to do with you

my privilege is pilgrimage. You too?



Notes

Don’t push yourself. Let yourself be drawn.”

This is a story and a prophecy (about 500 years before) that you have used, along with a second story, to draw me… And it is starting to draw me. Wow. I love this, being allowed to jump into your story, myself, these days. I love you, God! I love you my Master, my teacher, my Adam (great great.. grandfather). Do your work of giving inheritance.



Story One

‭Mark 1:32-39

[32] That evening after sunset, many sick and demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. [33] The whole town gathered at the door to watch. [34] So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak.  [35] Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray. [36] Later Simon and the others went out to find him. [37] When they found him, they said, “Everyone is looking for you.” [38] But Jesus replied, “We must go on to other towns as well, and I will herald my message to them, too. That is why I came.” [39] So he traveled throughout the region of Galilee, heralding in the synagogues and casting out demons. 



Prophecy 

‭Isaiah 50:4-11 NLT‬

[4] The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. [5] The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have listened. I have not rebelled or turned away. [6] I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting. [7] Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. [8] He who gives me justice is near. Who will dare to bring charges against me now? Where are my accusers? Let them appear! [9] See, the Sovereign Lord is on my side! Who will declare me guilty? All my enemies will be destroyed like old clothes that have been eaten by moths! [10] Who among you fears the Lord and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God. [11] But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon fall down in great torment.



Story Two

‭Mark 4:35-41 

[35] As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.” [36] So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed). [37] But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. [38] Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?” [39] When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. [40] Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” [41] The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...