2024-04-17

active part





To live together in a partnership,

is quite a thing to learn, and takes some time.

Intention that's been disciplined will flip

to this new way of living, so it’s mine.


By celebrating* all the good that comes

from partnershipping with just such an one.

And stopping now and then, reminding hums,

or practices like looking up, are fun.


And when I win, then thanking him* for what

he’s done to help me change my habits so

largely that this way of life has got

it roots within the garden of my soul.


And marriage is a model of this kind

of life that makes a partnership with who

connects with us in different ways, we find

that differences are meant to be, and you


and me, can have quite diff’rent “takes” on things.

And you are senior partner in this show.

So learning to curtail my pers’nal wings,

to not run off, and do old ways I know.


While learning too to listen deep and true*,

and quickly*, as the habit of this life,

and let you build a culture that will do

to hold, maintain, respond*, as a good wife


responds to husband's overtures, and let's

him lead*, but offers all that she has got,

with questions*, and the fun of taking bets,

and letting them come true. Letting a lot*.




Psalms 81 :

Shout for joy to God our defender; 

sing praise to the God of Jacob!

Start the music and 

beat the tambourines; 

play pleasant music on the harps and the lyres.  

Blow the trumpet for the festival, 

when the moon is new and when the moon is full. 

This is the law in Israel, an order from the God of Jacob.

When you were in trouble, 

you called to me, 

and I saved you. 

From my hiding place in the storm, I answered you. 

I put you to the test at the springs of Meribah. 

Listen, my people, to my warning; 

Israel, how I wish you would listen to me! 

You must never worship another god. 

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. 

Open your mouth, and I will feed you.

“But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not obey me.

How I wish my people would listen to me; 

how I wish they would obey me! …

But I would feed you with the finest wheat and satisfy you with wild honey.”


*  My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, ….

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror  and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. ‭James 1:19, 22-24 NIVUK‬




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...