2024-04-29

… lift up?

… lift up?



Oh Daddy, I now see the standard life

on Earth is meant to be a chance to grow,

in strength, and length, and wisdom, husband/wife

(relationships all-round - respected) so


as little kids grow up, we marvel at

their feats of prowess. They want us to see,

to look and join in, mark the “this & that”

they’re learning, and developing in. We


become official witnesses of stuff 

they need to pass to move up, or to rise.

We know that raising kids can be quite tough.

To raise offspring means discipline & sighs.


What isn’t often spoken of that much,

and often seems to come as a surprise,

is - what is meant to happen as they touch

maturity, then there will be demise


of sorts, that means we keep on rising up

in areas that are more “abstract”, yet

are needful if we’ll finish up our cup,

and earn the prize, and win love’s highest bet”!


Developing of grace, and patience too,

of perseverance in the midst of pain,

of holding on, and seeing that we do

what’s necessary, then do it again.


I NEED to handle disappointing things,

as well as those appointments to high posts.

The priv-il-ege that suff’ring only brings,

makes sense if we’re to end as more than ghosts.




*   “…since the time I appointed leaders over my people Israel. I will also subdue all your enemies. ‘ “I declare to you that the Lord will build a house for you: [11] when your days are over and you go to be with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom. [12] He is the one who will build a house for me, and I will establish his throne for ever. [13] I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. [14] I will set him over my house and my kingdom for ever; his throne will be established for ever.” ’ (‭1 Chronicles 17:10-14 NIVUK‬)


The Lord is a God who avenges. O God who avenges, shine forth. [2] Rise up, Judge of the earth; pay back to the proud what they deserve….

[7] They say, ‘The Lord does not see; the God of Jacob takes no notice.’ [8] Take notice, you senseless ones among the people; you fools, when will you become wise? [9] Does he who fashioned the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see? [10] Does he who disciplines nations not punish? Does he who teaches mankind lack knowledge?

[12] Blessed is the one you discipline, Lord, the one you teach from your law;...

[16] Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers? [17] Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. [18] When I said, ‘My foot is slipping,’ your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. [19] When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. [20] Can a corrupt throne be allied with you – a throne that brings on misery by its decrees?

[22] But the Lord has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge. (‭Psalms 94:1-2, 7-10, 12, 16-20, 22 NIVUK‬)


“Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, [15] that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.’ (John 3:14-15 NIVUK‬)


“And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.’ [33] He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die. (‭John 12:32-33 NIVUK‬)


“Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body has finished with sin. [2] As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. … The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. [8] Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. [9] Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. [10] Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. [11] If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. (‭1 Peter 4:1-4,7-11 NIVUK‬)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...