2024-04-25

God is MY HELPER*!




Hello my world and let me tell you that 

this God who made the universe descends

to be a helper to his little brats.

His children, whom he likes to call his friends. 


I don't say this to set myself apart, 

but just to claim a thing that is quite true.

Please don't see all I've done as my own art 

it's coming to existence, into view 


because this God who is and ever will 

be, Yahweh is his name in Hebrew speech, 

who made the world by just speaking, until 

it came into existence with a screech 


or maybe a small whimper, or big bang,

kazoom, or quietly - with no sound at all.

And just like that the planets came to hang 

around the suns and galaxies were formed.


Exploding air lets sound-waves work at all, 

as necessary stuff for speech to be, 

allowing me to say as one so small 

that this God is my helper. It is he!


And what humility is seen in this, 

this God who lets us claim his help here for 

the thoughts and plans that come to these small nits.

And of this God, his love is the true Lore.


I say to God with honesty and calm,

“Our god you are my helper - it's a fact”

I say this knowing he is my right arm,

& hemisphere that's right. With God I’ll act!



*  Many psalms from the Hebrew bible model this for us...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...