2022-03-07

intimacy - 8




Oh God I want to let you renew me,

so that your icon, and your seed, come in

to grow a model of the one who sees,

who notices1, and wants his kids to win.


I want to learn like him to cling not to

"some rights" or "my de-si-res", but instead

as one been matched, committed, continues

to give room for a loyal love, when wed.. 


So here I am, you're teaching me yourself2,

to see your world and people as you do,

and to commit and act in it in health-

y ways, displaying minutely one who


fills all the heavens, yet whose presence will 

not overpow-er or coerce his child,

his children are his centre-piece until

they grow and choose to not be, & run wild.


For he who made this Universe, and keeps

all matter/energy together, won't

make us to do good works, although he weeps

& grieves in heart, & we miss out when don't!


And what do we miss out on, if not him,

his friendship and his trust (and rightly so!)?

An intimate relationship ain't prim

& proper by this world's standards, I know.


Some part is public. Yet private affairs

can rightly be kept private, and they should;

unless all the stake-holders are aware,

& say that is the path to bring more good!



Snippets from the story, or responses to it (or to the protagonist of it), to elicit in our minds that pericope or whole response: 


  1. She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: ‘You are the God who sees me,’ for she said, ‘I have now seen the One who sees me.’ Gen. 16:13 NIVUK


  1. Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say.” Exodus 4:12


You are to speak to him and put the words in his mouth; and I, even I, will be with your mouth and his mouth, and I will teach you what you are to do. Exodus 4:15


“See, I have taught you statutes and judgments just as the Lord my God commanded me, that you should do thus in the land where you are entering to possess it. Deuteronomy 4:5

 

…Then Manoah entreated the Lord and said, “O Lord, please let the man of God whom You have sent come to us again that he may teach us what to do for the boy who is to be born.” Judges 13:8


"…then hear in heaven and forgive the sin of Your servants and of Your people Israel, indeed, teach them the good way in which they should walk. And send rain on Your land, which You have given Your people for an inheritance. 1 Kings 8:36


“He trains my hands for battle,

So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 2 Samuel 22:35


Good and upright is the Lord;

Therefore He instructs sinners in the way. Psalm 25:8


Who is the man who fears the Lord?

He will instruct him in the way he should choose. Psalm 25:12


"I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go;

I will counsel you with My eye upon you." Psalm 32:8


"He leads the humble in justice,

And He teaches the humble His way." Psalm 25:9


He who chastens the nations, will He not rebuke,

Even He who teaches man knowledge? Psalm 94:10


Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O Lord,

And whom You teach out of Your law; Psalm 94:12


O God, You have taught me from my youth,

And I still declare Your wondrous deeds. Psalm 71:17


Teach me good discernment and knowledge,

For I believe in Your commandments. Psalm 119:66


I have not turned aside from Your ordinances,

For You Yourself have taught me. Psalm 119:102


Teach me to do Your will,

For You are my God;

Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10


Make me know Your ways, O Lord;

Teach me Your paths.

Lead me in Your truth and teach me,

For You are the God of my salvation;

For You I wait all the day. Psalm 25:4-5


Teach me Your way, O Lord,

And lead me in a level path

Because of my foes. Psalm 27:11


Teach me Your way, O Lord;

I will walk in Your truth;

Unite my heart to fear Your name. Psalm 86:11


Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;

For I trust in You;

Teach me the way in which I should walk;

For to You I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8


So teach us to number our days,

That we may present to You a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12


He trains my hands for battle,

So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Psalm 18:34


Blessed be the Lord, my rock,

Who trains my hands for war,

And my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1


“To whom would He teach knowledge,

And to whom would He interpret the message?

Those just weaned from milk?

Those just taken from the breast? Isaiah 28:9


For his God instructs and teaches him properly. Isaiah 28:26


“All your sons will be taught of the Lord;

And the well-being of your sons will be great. Isaiah 54:13


And many peoples will come and say,

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,

To the house of the God of Jacob;

That He may teach us concerning His ways

And that we may walk in His paths.”

For the law will go forth from Zion

And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Isaiah 2:3


"Many nations will come and say,

“Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord

And to the house of the God of Jacob,

That He may teach us about His ways

And that we may walk in His paths.”

For from Zion will go forth the law,

Even the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Micah 4:2


 They have turned their back to Me and not their face; though I taught them, teaching again and again, they would not listen and receive instruction. Jeremiah 32:33


Yet it is I who taught Ephraim to walk,

I took them in My arms;

But they did not know that I healed them. Hosea 11:3


for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.’ Luke 12:12 NIVUK


It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me. John 6:45 


So Jesus said, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me. John 8:28


Now as to the love of the brethren, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; 1 Thessalonians 4:9


As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit – just as it has taught you, remain in him. 1 John 2:27 NIVUK


(These Christian Scriptures are quoted, supposedly, from the NAS unless otherwise noted)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...