2019-03-16

please help for something's wrong, as well as right..

Protect us please oh God, from all our sins,
and harm and evil, that gain leverage
because of how our natures work with "wins" -
when we puff up. Our food and beverage

are not the only things that grow us big,
for something in ourselves misuses what
should have been good, and turns "gift" into gig
that bolsters our own ego and what not.

Instead of passing on, and giving out,
as hose, or cup, or bucket's meant to do,
we let the pressure fill us up no doubt,
when we are meant to let it run right through.

I find myself all het up, talking loud,
and quicker too, as though I'm under threat.
Oh God, I saw your Christ wrapped in a shroud,
entrusting himself to you; placed his bet

on what 'e thought the most likely would be
to pay a dividend, and win the day.
He drilled the holes and buried all his seed,
so it looked like it had been washed away!

An’ off 'e goes to trust yourself to do
what we would never think, 'coz cancer grows
at the expense of other parts it's true,
he's thinking of one greater and he knows

that you can be relied on to think big
and take all of creation to account,
and know what he deserves, to even jig
things to give clues like up there on that mount.

Above, a poemish reflection on life at the moment. Difficulties in communicating with my wife and friends, and even with myself....

Then I found a piece of poetry/prophecy given to God's people around 500 or 600 BCE from scripture, which a friend had sent to me today, that put heart into me:

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.I will hold you up with my victorious and righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 (PM Version)
Audio of Isa 41:10, put to song...

After that I found a Draft message from a month ago with this link in it (which was a good reminder too): https://appallinglife.blogspot.com/2019/02/my-hope-is-built-on-he-who-spilt.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...