2019-03-01

worn out on 'is sleeve...

Oh Lord I feel worn out, no energy.
I know that prob-ab-ly things would quite change
if I had to, in an emergency
but right now in this car I just feel strange,

and almost purposeless (but that's not it!),
maybe it's more my muscles seem like weights
I'm here to do some jobs, and so to wit
I could get out and “do things” like my mates,

but now I just remembered what I say
to my own children when they feel like this
don't wait until the lovely perfect day
to tell us how life goes when it's not bliss,

and yet when God is good, and loves to love
(like Jesus on the cross in God's good world)
he felt forsaken but he knew above
all that, that God was there, and cared. He hurled

his questions to him and saw God's response
as bigger than his word (which was his Christ)
and came within a month or two (along
some timeline), and he saw that it sufficed!

So here I am still feeling much the same,
but not exactly, since I made this pen-
cil write on an old coffee tray that came
to hand the minute I looked out... when

I knew you called me to share weakness too,
to own it, not ignore it (overlooked).
And so a love grows here from me to you,
and I won't mind when this life is un-hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...