2019-02-11

my hope is built on he who spilt...

My hope is in - not what some people do,
nor ultimately in some principle
of Karma, or of Shame, or Substitu-
tion-ary ’tonement, or my fanciful..

..own understanding of what is unclean.
For God is able to outstrip the best
and redefine reality, I mean
it's he himself who's Lord, who’s source of “Blessed..".

His loving kindness never ceases. His
own faithful love is what will never end.
They’re new each morning. Great! - His  faithfulness!
And all around, his universe may bend,

and I will worship not theology,
nor my own understandings (though I've sought
quite long and hard, at his command, to see
what's true and right, and how the battle's fought

against our ignorance, and lack of sense,
and lack of knowledge, lack of wisdom's light)
I will just ask the source of all these hence,
to give some to me, and I'll stop my fight,

my claim to Own, to be the Boss, and Lord
and I'll receive, as a small child, his  reign,
in awe of all his holiness, move forward,
while trem-bl-ing before him who has deigned

to make a world stand firm to walk upon,
that we on Earth be glad, rejoice, and sing,
burst out like birds, with joy, for He will come
to walk with us, be known, to love. Our king!



My hope is in the Lord, His loving kindness never ceases.His faithful love never ends. They are new every morning. Great is His  faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23 (PM Version)

Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness, tremble before him, all the earth. Declare to the nations "The Lord reigns" the world stands firm cannot be shaken!! Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Let the sea and everything in it shout with praise!! Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy!! Let the trees of the forest sing for joy! Let all creation rejoice for He is coming!! Psalm 96:9-13 (PM Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...