2019-02-25

present to you...

I wait, I say, and quietly; with hands hung limp, and do no thing, I only watch my God, who speaks enabling his commands through eons to occur; not one big "botch.."
My hope I put, not ultimately in a gift or act, of God; but he himself who gives each good gift that i've ever seen and millions more that we find on his shelf.
My shelter, refuge, rock, and salvation,
my fortress, peace (shalom; which means to thrive),
my food and drink, my joy & elation,
is sourced in you yourself, I will not drive

away to find your gifts in other spots,
I'd rather miss out them, and just get you,
if options came to that, I'd rather drop
the bling, and stuff, and skills and just be true,

and learn from you what friendship really means
(not what I do to get back more for me),
but like ol’ Abraham, or so it seems,
who set himself to give all he could be,

and then was called “a friend of God himself”.
What bigger accolade is given him? His friendship was his greatest kind of wealth,
and he himself was known to God, not dim-

-ly on the surface, but to deepest parts,
for God says “Now I know... (some more of you).”
Your friendship and obedience is at heart
such that there is not much left now to do. ... (t.b.c.)



The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9 (PM Version)
So above all, guard the affections of your heart, for they affect all that you are.
Pay attention to the welfare of your innermost being, for from there flows the wellspring of life!!  Proverbs 4:23 (PM Version)
The Lord leads the humble in what is right, teaching them His way. Psalms 25:9 (PM Version)
I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him alone. He is my rock and my salvation, my fortress, I will not be shaken Psalms 62:5,6 (PM Version)

“Now I know that you honor and obey God, because you have not kept back your only son from him.”  Abraham looked around and saw a ram caught in a bush by its horns. He went and got it and offered it as a burnt offering instead of his son. Abraham named that place “The Lord Provides.” And even today people say, “On the Lord 's mountain he provides.”  Genesis 22:12‭-‬18 GNTD

He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’ The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.  Ps 46:10-11





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...