2018-09-07

Will I wait?

I just got another text from that friend in Central Australia. When i can i try to let that scripture sink into me and respond back. That has been fun. Because you appeared to be interested too, I'll cut & paste Paul McLaughlan's text below, 
with my poem-ish thoughts sparked from it and life in God's world below that.

I wait on the LORD, for He is the one that renews my strength. I will soar with wings like eagles. I will run and not grow weary. I will walk and not stumble.  Isaiah 40:31(PM Version)



I wait on the LORD, for He 
is the one that renews my strength. 
I will soar with wings like ea-
-gles. I will run and not at length

grow weary. For his love gives
energy as I allow it
to move me, and then it seives
my motives. O God, please plow it

into the soil of this plot.
And I will make choices to let
you choose what grows (and does not)
in the garden of God (our "bet*").

Then, as I look at my plight,
since you own me, & you're around,
I will walk (even at night) 
and not stumble - on holy ground.

Or maybe, though I stumble,
the "new me" won't fall and be lost,
on holy ground it's humble,
though "old me" must become compost!




* "bet"(Hebrew)=house/home/dwelling-place. (e.g. bet-sepher, bet-lehem, etc. with conotations from the Psalms: "Oh God you have always been our dwelling place/house/home..."); and also the English word's normal meaning of something you put a wager on..

1 comment:

  1. Aim 'n purpose, this young one,
    now learns to wait....
    Learns to listen, and to talk.
    It's not just knowing what to say.

    I long for "bet", rest is evidently,
    given after tests, and offered sometimes to guests. While pests,
    well, how would my Lord treat, unwelcome, uninvited threats? "Friend", I bet he'd say,"Come rest your weary head down, here on this pillow, and stay as long as you do. It's entirely up to you."

    I learn how to recall, things I'd left, on the right side of this brain.Though, it's sometimes difficult for me to there remain. After all, it's all a little bit, difficult to explain.
    So, too, I learn to look up. And, my strength is then renewed. Looking into darkness, my failing steps are few, I walk safely, one, two...one, two...one,two..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the conversation...