2018-09-17

Katrina Walker (nee Heer)


Katrina's life is much more than a wife,
yet I am there the beneficiary,
and I feel that I've caught (from good that's rife)
the best fish in the sea, this fishery.


On THIS day, she was born, and came to Earth,
as a girl baby (never been a boy),
accepted choices God made before birth
and learned within those bound'ries to bring joy.


The joy of friendship, sharing life with them,
the ups and downs, this life's full loveliness,
the growing to be true, keep your word when
there's chaos and confusion, ugliness,


around about, and others are not true.
It's like you flout the expectations of
those who think they're the leaders in this zoo,
but aren't you see; and you choose for “tov tov”*.


So off you go, to do what must be done,
and in this process my princess is born,
my queen who would be true to what's begun,
and lets God's life grow up from each new morn-


ing's choices to be resting in that love,
whose heart she came out of to this here place,
to here reflect the state of what's above,
by living out his will in time, and space.


She recognises these good gifts from God,
the space and placement that allows for life,
and time to trace and use what we have got,
with gratefulness. This is my girl, my wife!





*   “tov tov”= Hebrew wording for “very good”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...