2022-07-19

kept & looked after(+)

 



Thank you Lord for saving my soul,

thank you Lord, for making me whole.

Thank you Lord for giving to me

your great salvation, so rich, full, .. & free.


Thank you Lord for saving my spirit,

that yours came; Lord now I hear it!

call my name, and ope'ning my ears,

help me see through de skies* to who endears.

 

Thank you Lord for saving my body

(not to say that this one's shody!),

but you plan to transform it again:

like the new body of your god-y Man.


Thank you Lord for saving me whole -

(Thank you Lord!) - spirit, body, & soul!

Thank you Lord for giving to me

your great salvation, so rich, full, & free.



*   "de skies", when spoken, can mean "the skies" as in the sky, like a blue curtain (cf the big curtain in the temple) between the heavens (read "presence of God") and the Earth (read work-a-day world), being ripped open, or seen through, as at Yeshua's baptism, or Stephen's martyredom; but, when said aloud it can sound out other meanings ( e.g. "disguise", commenting on the ways the almighty God, the creator of the heavens and the earth, could be "disguised" to really BE in the holy of holies in both the tabernacle, & temple, in the angel of the Lord talking with Samson's parents, in the glory of the Lord, in the Name of the Lord, in the word of the Lord, in the breath/ wind of the Lord, in Christ reconciling the world to himself, in the proclamation of God's choice of a leader for all humanity (the euangelion), and in God's holy people (the body of Christ presently on Earth - "the least of these"), & in the praises of God's holy people.


1 Thess 5:23 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...