2022-07-25

Eek, eek.. Sore back. God's healing is the end.  The journey's in between. Stay with your Friend.

 



Just reading and hearing about Jōb yesterday morning…


Job ch1v21 

(Job) … said: ‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.’ Job 1:21 NIVUK : https://bible.com/bible/113/job.1.21.NIVUK


And after reading about a good friend & brother (let's call him Bob)'s horrible sore back I recalled the time in Tazzy, when I had such a sore back that I could only lie on the carpet in our bedroom. I started to pray for our mission team and family, and I can only say "was led" at that time to uncover a "back breaking" thing within our team and family. For us the goodness ended up in being able to identify a parasitic thing and get rid of it, before much more harm was done. Now I see that instance of my disabling  back problem as a doorway to blessing. I'm not saying that it didn't also have a treatable physical/emotional cause too, but it seemed to dissipate soon after.. (as much as I now recall)




Yes. God the source of health and strength, and too,

designer of the backs we humans use,

help Bob to do the things that he can do,

and rest in your capacity to choose


to give, and take away our health, so bets

made by the source of goodness in all worlds,

may be won and the good of fam'ly yet

somehow displayed in these small lives, still curled


within your womb, thus carried in our  home:

the universe and world where we now live,

till we are grown to know as we are known

and are relieved of our constraints that give


the boundaries, and growing pains we know

this side of that big coming out which will

make trees and mountains clap, rejoice, & glow

at coming out of God, in us, fulfilled.


Across the Centuries, across the Earth,

our bigger, elder brother took the lead.

Oh great, & grand.. our father, soon our birth

fulfills one longing, and gives us new speed.


We're glad he's come. I'm glad he's gone as well.

It gives our Adam, space to have his Eve

made from the core of who he is, his gell.

I think that in their marriage they'll conceive.


If God so wills. It's more than I conceive

of, for the possibilities get big.

We know our job for now, is grow, don't leave,

till he says, "Time to go. You've got new "digs"!"




In this world you will have trouble. -Jesus, to his diciples.


Trials help develop and grow perseverence, perseverence helps…, which helps… (Rom 5?)


"Save us in?, or through?, or during? (Surely not from) the time of trial." - Unless, like Jesus, we don't have to want more than is absolutely "necessary". We're allowed to not like it, and even to not want it, and ask him to take it from us. But the Jesus-way has taught me to  say "I choose for your will, over my desire, my want." (three prayers Jesus prayed or taught his talmudeem to pray)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...