2021-03-13

Woah!


Oh God, if you're my friend, the greatest good

that ever could occur to man or beast

is hap'ning now, and there's no pow'r that would

be able to undo this good; at least


if you don't change, and if I follow through

and ask for your own help when I am stuck,

be willing to apologise to you

when I am stubborn, selfish, run amuck.


And then, of course, well, understand, to do,

the things you say, and let you be the God

who knows all things; until that is what's true

of me, and then, we'll see what we have got.


And trust that when you give a job to one

of your own children (whom you do not need)

it's part of growing them up, with some fun

and high adventure, we're from your own "seed".


The higher the adventure, the more need

for me to call for help, and be en-meshed

within the fam'ly business not my greed,

enjoying more your comp'ny. I am blessed!


And that is true (not always what it seems)!

Not only did you make me up yourself,

without a need for anything, your dreams

give substance to this world, along with health.


And then you had a child. Against all odds, 

I find myself within that categ'ry,

(along with many other real odd bods).

I will not lose this opportunity!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...