2021-03-11

On living with a woman


On living with a woman who's my wife;

this is the deal I signed myself up for.

But now I see there's been a lot of strife

that's come because I am so immature.


I like the freedom of focus and thought

that comes from not much planning (for her sake).

The story of that "Bonny" dog once caught

my focus in Tasmanian estate.


And shows the kind of things that would confuse

such animals that live in groups or packs,

yet have a basic leader who would choose,

then order life together, with its acts.


And this could be the level where I live,

as animal of human species which

would never get much higher, thus not give

where I don't  stand to get back, or get rich.


But if a thing called love is really there,

and if it could be true, what God has said,

that without love, there's nothing anywhere

of any worth or value up ahead;


then lack of love's the biggest sin of all.

This love here means: what serves the highest good.

And God, you're helping me to see appal-

ling strength of love in me - ain't what it could


be, if I were like him who was like you.

He trusted you to be his help in truth.

And didn't  fall apart when things were new,

or old, he let you do what you would do.




Oh thank you God for helping me to see

how weak I am without your life in me.

It's true, without this Christ, Jesus I'd be

unable to create and be set free.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...