2021-03-23

A new family tree*


Oh God, I am the kind of critter that

seems always justifying itself when

it feels accused, or not adored, a rat

whose nature is to scavenge, and gnaw, then…


it wants to fight off any competish-

ion, for it is a beast, and is programmed

by DNA and training, no fetish

could change it to a thinker/ feeler; damned


as it might be, it's only hope is to

be drawn into a higher family which

might take it in, and not just to a zoo

where it would not be petted or enriched.


I need to join right in and soak up love,

a higher order than this nature knows,

a product that's received from up above

myself, and what I would myself have chose-


-en, for myself; I couldn’t  comprehend

or think of it. Analogies here close,

and might not bridge the gap between my friend

and me, I need to take another dose


of that there love, that's in the nature of

some higher order critters I have known.

The beastly part of me despises love,

and won't believe it is, though it's been shown.


So it must be denied, and suffer pain

(which might not be because it evil is).

And God, if you would now create again

this Son of yours, could I please help in this!



*  i.e. chose your own ancestors, your own family tree… (e.g. which son of Adam will be your Great, Great,... Grandfather, the first Son of Adam, Cain, (Gen 4)or the one  that replaced Abel, who was murdered (Gen 5)??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...