2021-03-12

Strange Goings On...

 

There's something strange hap'ning. Oh God, help me!

It doesn't feel like you - both right and kind.

My dear wife says I feel to be "picky".

That word will do for now - unless I find


a better (kinder, truer) word to do

the trick, to help me through these growing pains.

Oh God, to grow up more to be like you -

'sa better goal than I could think to gain!


Your gentle kindness grows each good, like fruit

upon a tree that makes it all - for free.

And under what is seen of tree, there's root.

A diff'rent world, with your economy.


Your Way of doing things, your Way of life,

your attitude, your spirit, "driving force"(?)

[- it's more a "wooing pow'r"(!)], takes wings in strife,

in hardship, suffering, it is seen more!


Well, this love at the core of all you do,

is weak and watery within this self.

( I am not  turning this to blaming you)

I see a lack of thoughtfulness, and health.


And who else will I go to? You "ol' chap" -

the block off which I am a chip, know well.

I want you to know me, complete, no gap

between "what's true", & "stories that I tell".


Oh help me grow in truth. Not just in words.

In kindness, and in grace, please heal my health.

When stories spread about you (quite absurd - 

some of them), you don't justify yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...