2021-03-21

slumping or resting? ...


There is a slowness in myself sometimes

to take responsibility for me

and my actions, to see that they align

so much with love that they'd be called "loving",


or "kind", or "thoughtful", NOT "just in it for

the ride". There's something passive, that will slump.

And this is not that kind of rest from your

own work; it is a canc'rous kind of bump


but going IN. It's a concavity.

And so that is what tricked me in the past.

But God is doing surgery in me.

Or maybe "daily cream", that's working fast...


So Doctor God, whose healing powers are such

that when you help me diagnose myself,

I'm looking at your son/ apprenticed much,

and seeing with his eyes, that know good health


(for diagnoses that he made before,

have shown themselves to be insightful, right;

and his prescriptions are not just a chore,

they're clear and bring results in the "good fight"!)


So sometimes, I am seeing, I must take

up now a cross, that might be called "my own".

A way of working with death - at the stake -

it might be slow, but certainty has grown,


with trusting my own life, and comfort too,

into God's care, and know God wants the best

for me, and others also (folk like you).

I'm  trusting God to lead me to "his rest".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...