2021-03-27

Goodness. Carry on...


Oh God, I am so weak at planning good-
ness for the woman who's become my wife.
It's like I  don't  have what it takes,  nor could 
become that kind of man within this life. ...

Yet here today you've given hope to me,
or maybe you've just given a reprieve,
for we had such a day as folk might see 
as high adventure, beauty unbelieve-

-a-ble, exotic, in our own back yard -
well with some stretching, at this Carcoar place:
some quiet times to think, and walking hard,
with 4 wheel driving at a lovely pace,

a cuppa out, and eating in, and fun
while list'ning to a story, or a book,
together and enjoying soaking sun
outside, and snoozing when our eyelids shook.

Then talking about loves and fears, and wants, 
within this day while jamb-packed, yet at rest.
While catching up with some of fam'ly gone
somewhere away - in other spots they nest.

So as I see it now, i want to thank
you God, and too the woman who's my wife,
who works with God to overfill my tank
with love, and give more goodness to this life.

And set myself to not just bask, but pass
it on, just like a hose does from a tap.
I am a hose (or cup?) not just a vase.
I'm made to carry, pass on your life-sap!


...     ...     ..._...     ...     ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...