2018-08-13

worship two “ultimate pow-ers”?


“Devoting one’s life to one’s g*d” is “Done!” -
almost determined. We're hard-wired for it -
propensity we continue to do.
Even for hedonists (living for fun),
or atheists proudly declaring “God’s  s h i t!”
I see it in me, maybe you do too,
the av’rage Westerner looking for Mun-
Mun-knee, or  Mun-day; Time off; now we’ll fit!

You try to fill all of it up, in a cup,
seeking to “balance”, you end up choosing,
which one’s on top or foundational to bring
the others, and will, (if not now, at the end)
pay out a wage, or at least dividend,
all that your in-vest-meant - hoped to achieve.
If my g*d is good, I start to believe,
for me things will go good, and I will receive!
My small brain’s so concrete, that I soon find
my mind is doing laps to hold and bind
the one Controlling Principle, so that
I still can carry on, (& chew the fat)
& still get something done, even when blind..

Can I worship two all-encompassing, ultimate pow-ers, which claim ultimate allegiance?
Can I be a loyal follower of both?
Only if one is subordinate to
the other, or until what they both ask
for’s contradictory, then I must take sides.



How could you worship two gods at the same time? You will have to hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You can't worship the true God while enslaved to the god of money!! Mathew 6:24. (PM Version)


2 comments:

  1. Ay, I have been reading through a book that speaks a similar thought. "Things come to the poor that can't get in at the door of the rich. Their money somehow blocks it up. It is a great privilege to be poor, one that no man coveted, and but a very few have sought to retain, but one that yet many have learned to prize."
    That one is by George Macdonald.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the conversation...