2018-08-06

bring completion thus


Oh GOD you give me strength & energy,
and dextrousness, and flexibility.
Both wisdom and perspective come from you,
communication, story, sense of hu-
mour, you're our armour, tower to protect,
delight, and joy, creative to connect,
capacity to hold, and carry out,
desire to be both bold, and marry “doubt
full” otherness, and bring completion thus
obedience through suffering lifts dust
from lowest order to the heavens’. Trust
is learned, or grows in dusty soil of earth,
where trial and error must en-roil our birth
and some pain teaches lessons and communes,
appreciated, composts then our  tunes
get coloured, as the sky has different blues.
Yet I love you in ev’ry thing I do,
so, when this mirror is reflecting you,
and hanging out with lover who is true!
My life begins again upon that day,
unlike young Jack*, I would in work do play,
and offer as a gift all I would say!



*   “All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...